You know what's on TV tonight, don't you? The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show! (10 p.m., CBS.) We've already seen pictures from the whole spectacle since it was taped on November 15 — a considerably long delay for this Internet age. Somehow the New York Post managed to withhold tales from backstage at the show until today. They hung out with Karolina Kurkova, who is still being criticized for her weight. To prepare for the show, Karolina works out for three hours a day and cuts out carbohydrates and wheat. Fun. Her regular diet is no picnic, either. She says it consists of green juice, hard-boiled eggs, grilled fish, vegetables, and ten nuts at a time (yes, she counts them). Still, a woman at the show tells the Post reporter, "She really porked out … It's good she dropped a little bit of weight, but really…" But really, shouldn't we embrace curves? Don't These Economic Times and the era of change create the perfect moment to usher in a new ideal model shape, like that of Daisy Lowe? When so many people are going without and cutting back, is it not more chic to look opposite? Or, at the very least, normal? Because that's how Karolina looks — normal. God forbid.
Best Bet: Peter Thomas Roth Oilless Oil
Geena Davis’s Two-Step Cure for Hollywood Sexism
The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Jane Larkworthy
- Miley Wants You to Know Her Nudity Is Political
- Best of the Week’s Style Blogs: Chunky Scarves
- Best Bet: Peter Thomas Roth Oilless Oil
- Geena Davis’s Two-Step Cure for Hollywood Sexism
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Jane Larkworthy
- Zoe Saldana Was Ruffled Up at the amFAR Gala
- The Heroic Commutes of Abortion Providers
- Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
- SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
- Susan Sarandon Was High at Most Hollywood Events
- How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- There’s a Six-Hour Line for the Trendiest Selfie
- The Best and Worst of December Fashion Magazines
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 13 Days to Go!