With Fashion Week under ten weeks away (swoon), Christian Siriano is hard at work on his fall 2009 collection. At Z100 Jingle Ball's Gift Lounge on Friday night, Siriano revealed the inspiration behind the new line. "It's a bit inspired by Egypt, but more like the colors of the desert. It's really warm, it's really badass. Strong, like rock. It's hot. It's beautiful," he told us. Don't expect headdresses, however. "It's not literal — like no Cleopatra." Even though major department stores didn't pick up his line amid the harsh economic climate, Christian is pleased with how his spring 2009 collection sold. "It was a tough season, but you know what, for me, for our season, it went really well. Maybe because I'm new and it's still exciting. People are still shopping my clothes, so it's good." And if he has a lot left over, he has that many more Christmas presents. "Like a lot of my family members are getting like my collection — free clothing." How economical.
Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Sheryl Sandberg’s Favorite Shampoo Commercial
- Kate Winslet Just Had a Baby Boy
- Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- Taylor Swift Uses Her Phone to Put on Makeup
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 15 Days to Go!
- The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- New York Winter Weddings Issue Is Live!
- Wish List: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Quinn Loafer
- Daniel Radcliffe Has a Greasy New Bob
- Qantas Staff Doesn’t Want to Look Like Kerr
- Pre-Fall’s Best: Jason Wu, Rag & Bone, and More
- Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Rodarte Sent Rihanna Boob Tassels for Christmas
- Should Women in Their Forties Model Underwear?
- 7 Things Lady Gaga’s Dreads Actually Look Like