• Meet jewelry designer Alexis Bittar at his in-store appearance, where he'll be signing his critically acclaimed creations. 465 Broome St., nr. Greene St. (212-625-8340); 5–7.
• Get ready for spring with the Michael Kors spring 2009 trunk show. Bloomingdale's, 1000 Third Ave., at 59th St. (212-705-2000); 104.
• Enjoy a wine tasting while you shop at Pookie & Sebastian. Buy three items, get the fourth free. 322 Columbus Ave., nr. 75th St. (212-580-5844); 68.
• Preview Canadian jewelry designer Rachel Mielke's handmade Hillberg & Berk collection. Bloomingdale's Soho, 504 Broadway, nr. Broome St., main fl. (212-729-5900); Fri.Sat. (109), Sun. (108), Mon. (109).
• Clinique kicks off its Happy Weekend with free gift wrapping, seasonal treats, and pedicab rides to and from the nearest Clinique counter at their Random Acts of Happiness event. GM Building Plaza, Fifth Ave., nr. 58th St.; 112.
• Shop with jewelry designer Judith Ripka at her flagship boutique. 777 Madison Ave., nr. 66th St., (212-517-8200); noon3.
• Shopping at Bergdorf Goodman? Make a pit stop on the seventh floor for a sugar rush with a Vosges Chocolates tasting. 754 Fifth Ave., at 57th St. (212-753-7300); noon5.
• Halston marks up to 75 percent off ready-to-wear and accessories. Through 12/14. 96 Spring St., nr. Broadway (212-282-1200); Fri. (97), Sat. (106), Sun. (115).
• Lyn Devon's edgy fall collection is 50 to 80 percent off. Through 12/14. 525 Broadway, nr. Spring St., Ste. 202; Fri.Sun. (105).
• Chic basics from Comptoir des Cotonniers, like suede riding boots and citrus-hued trapeze coats, are 30 to 50 percent off. Through 1/21. 155 Spring St., nr. Wooster St. (212-274-0830); Mon.Sat. (118), Sun. (noon6).
• Stock up on discounted scarves, gloves, handbags, and more at Echo's sample sale. Through 12/15. Metropolitan Pavilion, 123 W. 18th St., nr. Sixth Ave., fourth fl.; Fri. (noon8), Sat.Sun. (108), Mon. (84).
• Barking Irons has men's and women's signature tees and men's shirts, sweatshirts, coats, hats, and jewelry for 50 to 70 percent off. On Friday from 69, enjoy complimentary drinks and live music. Through 12/13. 161 Bowery St., at Delancey St.; Fri. (119), Sat. (116).
• Designer Camilla Staerk's namesake line of downtown dresses and separates is up to 80 percent off at her recently opened Nolita store. Through 12/13. 182 Mulberry St., nr. Broome St. (212-343-1160); Fri. (28), Sat. (noon6).
• Headbands, hats, and belts for women and men are 50 to 70 percent off at the Eugenia Kim sale. Through 12/12. 347 W. 36th St., nr. Ninth Ave., Ste. 502 (212- 674-1345); Tues.Fri. (107).
• Furla handbags are half off, and shoes are $100. Through 12/12. 552 Seventh Ave., nr. 39th St., fifth fl.; Wed.Fri. (106:30).
• Save up to 80 percent on all of Minni Rose's cashmere shawls, scarves, sweaters, and more during their winter sample sale. Through 12/12. 264 W. 40th St., nr. Eighth Ave., fifteenth fl. (212-575-5766); Mon.Fri. (106).
• A shift dress is $80, leather riding boots are $100, and other dresses, coats, and accessories from Charlotte Ronson’s fall collection are up to 80 percent off. Through 12/12. 1071 Sixth Ave., nr. 41st St., Ste. 301 (212-616-1003); Thurs.Fri. (107).
• Vivienne Westwood dresses are $348 (originally $800) and trench coats are $599 (originally $1,498) at Scatola Sartoriale Showroom's sale, which also has deals on Ilaria Nistri, Iodice, Eairth, and Le Full. Through 12/12. 544 W. 26th St., nr. Eleventh Ave., sixth fl. (212-371-2777 ext. 326); Mon.Fri. (108).
• Prairie New York's sample sale has tops for $40 and dresses for $40 to $50. Through 12/12. 250 W. 39th St., nr. Eighth Ave., Ste. 404 (212-391-4700); Mon.Fri. (117). Cash only.
• Find sweaters, dresses, and more from designers like Industry and Meel for $5 to $75 at Blend Showroom's sample sale. Through 12/12. 264 W. 40th St., nr. Eighth Ave., Ste. 304 (212-398-5424); Tues.Fri. (105).
• Lutz & Patmos marks down all luxury sweaters, knits, and accessories, with prices dropping to 80 percent off as the sale progresses. On the last day, cashmere crewnecks will be $120 from $360, cashmere cardigans will be $150 from $495, and silk turtlenecks will be $60 from $190, while supplies last, of course. Through 12/12. 425 W. 13th St., nr. Washington St., Ste. 406 (212-463-9110); Wed.Fri. (117).
• Malia Mills marks down her signature retro swimsuits just in time for your island getaways starting at $50. Through 12/12. 263 W. 38th St., nr. Seventh Ave., sixteenth fl. (212-354-4200); Wed.Fri. (106).
• Mackage's comfortable, contemporary outerwear for men and women is up to 50 percent off. Through 12/12. 275 W. 39th St., nr. Eighth Ave., seventh fl. (212-391-5287); Wed.Fri. (noon7:30).
• A fringe halter dress is $195 (originally $595), a rosette dress is $195 (originally $495), and other fall 2008 and vintage collection pieces are up to 75 percent off at the Catherine Malandrino sample sale. Through 12/12. 145 W. 18th St., nr. Seventh Ave.; Wed. (88), Thurs.Fri. (108).
• By Francine's dresses, tops, pants, and skirts are up to 60 percent off. Through 12/12. 231 W. 39th St., nr. Seventh Ave., rm. 602; Wed.Thurs. (106), Fri. (107).
• Get 50 to 70 percent off at rag & bone's sample sale. Through 12/12. 425 W. 13th St., nr. Washington St., sixth fl. (212-278-8214); Wed.Fri. (18).
• Bathing suits are $65 to $125 (from $125 to $250) and jewelry is $10 to $45 (from $85 to $150) from Vix Swimwear and Lisa Curran. Through 12/12. 250 W. 39th St., nr. Eighth Ave., Ste. 510 (212-221-2349); daily (98). Cash only.
• Nanette Lepore holiday dresses, sweaters, and separates are on sale for $40 to $195. Through 12/12. 225 W. 35th St., fourth fl. (212-594-0012); Thurs.Fri. (97).
• Cashmere boyfriend sweaters and classic cardigans are $110 to $165 (originally $225 to 375), tunics and dresses start at $175 (originally $250 to $395), and all other Emma & Posh and Phillip Bloch for Emma & Posh pieces are up to 70 percent off. Through 12/12. 1400 Broadway, nr. 38th St., Ste. 305; Thurs.Fri. (105).
• Save on Proenza Schouler's jewel-tone fall 2008 collection, as bottoms, dresses, and shoes are $85 to $1,385 (originally $330 to $5,525). Through 12/12. 120 Walker St., nr. Centre St. (212-343-1360); Thurs.Fri. (96).
• White + Warren ballet slippers are $65, gloves are $35, and travel wraps are $125. Through 12/12. 80 W. 40th St., nr. Sixth Ave., third fl. (212-398-3295); Thurs. (86), Fri. (83).
• Leather satchels, totes, and more from the Sak and Elliott Lucca and ecofriendly drawstrings and hobos from Sakroots are all $5 to $60. 339 Fifth Ave., nr. 33rd St., second fl. (212-329-4500); Thurs.Fri. (95).
• To witness a real-life episode of Bridezillas, hit the Vera Wang bridal sale; gowns and dresses are 35 to 75 percent off. 481 Eighth Ave., at 34th St. (800-839-8372); 95.
• Dresses, sportswear, and knits are all up to 75 percent off at the Diane Von Furstenberg sample sale. New merchandise will arrive throughout the week. Through 12/13. 260 Fifth Ave., nr. 29th St.; Tues. (96:30), Wed. (98), Thurs. (97), Fri. (95:30), Sat. (93).
• Items from Anne Leman, Bensoni, Jay Godfrey, Wilster, Black Halo, Matt & Nat, and Rhys Dwfen start at $25 at Joey Showroom's sample sale, where everything is priced up to 70 percent off. Through 12/13. 263 Eleventh Ave. , nr. 28th St., fifth fl. (212-675-8400); Wed.Sat. (107).
• Rescheduled: The Mike & Chris sample sale features clothes for men and women up to 75 percent off. Through 12/13. 80 W. 40th St., nr. Sixth Ave., Ste. 53; Thurs.Sat. (106).
• Recent CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund winner Alexander Wang's sample sale prices items up to 80 percent off. Through 12/13. 386 Broadway, nr. White St., sixth fl.; Thurs. (37), Fri.Sat. (107). Minimum $200 credit-card purchases.
• Fall dresses, separates, and one-of-a-kind samples from Iisli are up to 70 percent off. Through 12/13. 25 Bond St., nr. Lafayette St.; Thurs.Sat. (118).
• Flirty and feminine pieces from Julie Haus are 50 to 80 percent off, and underwear-inspired swimwear, beachwear, and cashmere from VPL by Victoria Bartlett are 50 to 75 percent off. Prices start at $15. Through 12/13. 39 W. 38th St., nr. Sixth Ave.; Thurs.Sat. (117).
• Prices range from $60 to $300 at Rachel Comey's sample sale, where everything in her vintage-inspired fall 2008 collection is up to 60 percent off. Through 12/13. 335 W. 35th St., nr. Ninth Ave., third fl.; Thurs. (58), Fri. (107), Sat. (noon5).
• Fine jewelry and costume baubles up to 70 percent off at Fragments. Through 12/13. 110 Greene St., nr. Prince St., Ste. 1105 (212-226-8878); Thurs. (noon7), Fri. (107), Sat. (104).
• Tashkent shoes are 80 percent off, Uluru cashmere is more than 60 percent off, Gemma Redux jewelry is at least 50 percent off, and Loyale ecowear is more than 50 percent off. Through 12/13. 939 Eighth Ave., nr. 56th St., Ste. 501; Thurs.–Fri. (noon7), Sat. (114).
• Swing by TSE for men's and women's straight-legged pants ($120) and crewnecks (from $125). Through 12/17. 317 W. 33rd St., nr. Eighth Ave. (718-747-1656); Sun.Wed. (97).
• Eliza Granyou may have seen her vintage-inspired women's and children's clothes at Bergdorf Goodman, Bird, and Calypsois taking 85 percent off all merchandise for one day only. Old Stone House at JJ Byrne Park. Fifth Ave., nr. 3rd St., Park Slope, Brooklyn (917-797-9168); 10:304. Cash only.
• Resin cuffs, gold-filigree earrings, and semiprecious drop pendants from Wendy Mink are $5 to $50. Through 12/14. 72 Orchard St., nr. Broome St. (212-260-5298); Thurs.Fri. (48), Sat.Sun. (noon7).
• Toggle coats, oxfords, sweaters, and more for men, women, and kids are 50 to 75 percent off at Canterbury of New Zealand. Through 12/14. 2 Great Jones St., nr. Lafayette St.; Thurs.Sun.(noon7).
• Skirts, suits, sweaters, and more from Jussara Lee and shoes from Sue London are 30 percent off at their joint sample sale. Through 12/14. 11 Little W. 12th St., nr. Ninth Ave. (212-242-4128); Wed.Sun. (28).
Most Viewed Stories
The Fashion Executive Who Doesn’t Wear Underwear on Dates
25 Famous Women on Being Alone
Mary-Kate Olsen Strains Every Muscle in Her Face in an Attempt to Smile
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
Prince George Has No Time for Justin Trudeau’s High Fives
How Angelina Jolie Won the First Big Battle in Her Divorce
It’s Time to Get Over Your White Feelings and Start Taking Action for Black Lives
The Will & Grace Reunion Was Intensely Documented for Social Media
Madame Clairevoyant: Horoscopes for the Week of September 26
Los Angeles Police Confirm Active Criminal Investigation Against Derrick Rose
From Our Partners
Who What Wear
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Fashion FeaturesCiara's Wedding Dress Was Too Big for the Chapel
To be fair, it was a 13 foot-long dress.You and Rihanna Will Both Want to Invest in Dior’s New Bag
It's got something for everyone.Polo Shirts Have Turned Their Back on Ryan Lochte
Along with his other major sponsors.Ryan Lochte Will No Longer Be Paid to Wear Tiny Bathing Suits
Speedo remains committed to transparency.Laura Brown Is the New Editor-in-Chief of InStyle
After 11 years at Harper’s Bazaar.Tyra Banks Is Going to Teach a Class on Smizing at Stanford
"If I see somebody not paying attention, I’m gonna call on them."This Floating Pier Is the Most Zen Installation Ever
Walking on water in Italy.Nation Is Appalled by Matt Lauer’s Nude Ankles During Ryan Lochte Interview
What’s the opposite of “Jeah”?8 People at the Life of Pablo Pop-up Explain Why Kanye West Is a God
"I mean, Kanye West is just Kanye West. There's not more or less you can say about Kanye West. He's just Mr. West!"A T-shirt Is Enough
Simplicity, versatility, and cool. What more could you want?
She took a perfect pencil dive off a 30-foot yacht.American Apparel Is Being Sued by Former Workers
As the company considers putting itself up for sale.A Gendered History of the Tailored Suit
From Marlon Brando to Coco Chanel.How Zendaya Developed Such Great Style at the Young Age of 19
The star's best looks from Disney to now.Proof That If You’re Chic Enough, a Little Federal Investigation Doesn’t Matter
Is this the best they could do?5,300-Year-Old Mummified Iceman Probably Would’ve Been a Street-Style Star
He had several different looks and was “pretty picky.”J.Crew Has Identified 226 Shades of Pink
Even more than there are shades of gray.Gigi and Bella Hadid Merch Is Now Somehow a Thing That Is Happening
Today in Hadidiana.Gird Your Loins for the Return of Yeezy to New York Fashion Week
The season approaches.This Indie Brand Had a Great Response to Ivanka Trump
When she bought one of their cuffs, they donated the proceeds to the Clinton campaign.