Jessica Alba stars in the 2009 Campari calendar, shot by Mario Testino. Unretouched images from the shoot surfaced on the Internet. And lo! Dramatic retouching hath occurred. Surprising, we know. As you can see, Alba's hips and waist were whittled down, her cleavage was enhanced, and her makeup was punched up. We think she looks plenty slim on the left, especially since the girl had a baby just five months ago. We don't often see the before-and-after pictures for stuff like this, but dramatic retouching isn't uncommon in print ads. Judging by the positioning of Alba's knees in these shots, these are either different frames or Alba's head was Photoshopped onto a model's body. Notice the knee caps on the right? Retouchers usually erase those instead of adding them in. Regardless of what exactly they did here, it just goes to show how fake all these images are. These bodies aren't real! Now we just have to get down to the business of why Alba's shilling Campari in the first place.
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament