• Vanity never dies, even when you're dead, as the latest plastic-surgery trend targets your ego postmortem. "We've had people mention that they want their breasts to look perky when they're dead," one funeral director said. "We'll inject tissue fillers into the lips, the nose, the cheeks, above the eyebrows, the chin, and the hands." [MSNBC]
• Ellen DeGeneres's CoverGirl ads are out. "I’ve been practicing in my bathroom mirror for years," she said. "Now finally, you’ll all be able to see it." Aw. [Off the Rack/People]
• Esteemed perfumer Francis Kurkdijan (he concocted Jean Paul Gaultier's Le Mâle and Lancôme's Miracle) is opening his own fragrance house, expected to launch in Paris by summer 2009. [Cosmetic News]
• Jil Sander's new fragrance Style Soft is a fruity scent with freesia, mandarin, and violet notes. Launching this February, it's a gentler version of the original Style scent by the label. [Now Smell This]
• If you have red hair, here are seventeen ways to style it. Bear in mind there's absolutely no way these would work on blondes or brunettes. [BellaSugar]
Most Viewed Stories
It’s Harder to Be Thin Than It Was in the ’80s
Why Do I Jerk Awake Right As I’m Falling Asleep?
From Up Close, Raf Simons’s Vision for Dior Is Clear
Michelle Obama: No Boy Is Cute Enough to Keep You From Getting an Education
A Pregnant Supermodel Explains What She Eats
The World’s Easiest Way to Highlight Your Face
Meet the Prom Queen of Instagram
Selfie Sorority Uses Media Frenzy for Good Cause
‘Truly Ugly Guy With Glasses’ Is Europe’s Most Virile Man
A Comprehensive Taxonomy of Men With Long Hair
From Our Partners
How Demi Lovato Embraced This Body “Problem” We All Have
You Should Be Sleeping With Your Hair In A Bun–Here’s Why
The Eye Makeup Tip That Will Put Plastic Surgeons Out of Business
Next Week/This Week: Watching the Watchmen
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Beauty FeaturesEven Barbie Wants Kim Kardashian’s Makeup Artist
Life in plastic, it's fantastic.This Is How You Should Smell for Fall
Hint: not like a pumpkin.A Lesson in Beauty Grammar at Dior
What "past future perfect" means in terms of hair and makeup.Why Does My Heart Feel Like It’s Exploding?
A girl's guide to chest pain.The World’s Easiest Way to Highlight Your Face
How to strobe like a pro.A Pregnant Supermodel Explains What She Eats
"Don't be afraid of the fat."It’s Harder to Be Thin Than It Was in the ’80s
Hate you, boomers.Inside a Beauty Editor’s Insane Skin-Care Routine
A minimum of 12 products.Pat McGrath Wants You Dipped in Gold
The legendary makeup artist launches an exclusive product.Let’s All Get High on Cold-Pressed Juice!
Juice Crawls just killed nightlife.
"A modern-day romantic comedy."3 Fall Polishes to Express Your Inner Angst
For the #FallGoth inside you.Margiela Did Crazy Beauty, Again
Glam rock meets geisha meets nestlike hair.Dump Someone If You Hate Their Smell
And other revelations from the Hermès perfumers.All You’re Going to Want for Christmas Is Mariah’s M.A.C Collaboration
A Dreamlover of a beauty collection.Do I Make This Quesadilla Look Fat?
A new study suggests that weight bias affects how we perceive food info online.Want Soft Hands? The Olsen Twins Can Help.
Their latest beauty launch is surprisingly effective.The Angelina Jolie of China on Fame and Power
A rare interview with activist actress Yao Chen.Mindy Kaling’s Book Is Full of Beauty Wisdom
Six of our favorite insights.How to Look Amazing in Under 10 Minutes
A makeup artist's everyday skin routine.