Just after Prada released Hedi Slimane's photographs for the menswear campaign yesterday, the women's line was quick to follow suit, with the campaign leaking today. Shot by Steven Meisel, the ad features models Nimue Smit, Giedre Dukauskaite, Sigrid Agren, Toni Garrn, Katrin Thormann, Viktoriya Sasonkina, and Ymre Stiekema all styled in natural makeup and French twists. Though the runway collection we saw in Milan featured a series of metallic looks with gorgeous golds and coppers, this photo opts instead for the color of the season — beige — as well as white and cream. And sure, the colors don't jump off the page, but the clothes are beautiful nonetheless. And the light box under the girls' feet gives us a closer look at the rickety footwear that tripped up so many models on the catwalk. With noticeable ankle straps to secure stumbling feet, they look surprisingly wearable.
The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Cannes Day 9: Princess Charlene and Heidi Klum
- The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
- U.N. Pressures Prada to Stop Discrimination
- McCartney’s Asia Tour Culminates With Kate Moss
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat