Last night in Paris, Carla Bruni attended her first fashion event since becoming First Lady of France, the Sidaction AIDS benefit. Though she's shown a penchant for Dior since marrying Sarko, she stepped out in a different French label last night — Yves Saint Laurent — sticking to the rich purple hue she so loves. She also looks to have curled her hair a bit, which she rarely bothers with. Diane Kruger, Vanessa Paradis, and Mischa Barton were among the attendees of this Über-classy French soirée. Did their outfits measure up to Carla's? We assess in the slideshow, obnoxious unnecessary use of French kept to an absolute minimum.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Glenn O’Brien Is Now a Priest Named Father G.
- Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
- John Boehner Teaching GOP How to Talk to Chicks
- Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
- Cities Ranked by Fake Instagram Happiness
- See Sexy Seventies Glamour From American Hustle
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 20 Days to Go!
- An Homage to the Lovely, Feisty Barbara Stanwyck
- Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Kids Struggle With Platonic Friendship, Too
- Victorian Moms Creepin’ in Photo Portraits
- 16 Pretty Finds in Pantone's Radiant Orchid
- Happy Birthday, Joan Didion!
- Will Nixing ‘Fashion Bloggers’ Fix Fashion Week?
- Date Miley Cyrus by Dressing Exactly Like Her