Last night in Paris, Carla Bruni attended her first fashion event since becoming First Lady of France, the Sidaction AIDS benefit. Though she's shown a penchant for Dior since marrying Sarko, she stepped out in a different French label last night — Yves Saint Laurent — sticking to the rich purple hue she so loves. She also looks to have curled her hair a bit, which she rarely bothers with. Diane Kruger, Vanessa Paradis, and Mischa Barton were among the attendees of this Über-classy French soirée. Did their outfits measure up to Carla's? We assess in the slideshow, obnoxious unnecessary use of French kept to an absolute minimum.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Cannes Day 9: Princess Charlene and Heidi Klum
- The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
- U.N. Pressures Prada to Stop Discrimination
- McCartney’s Asia Tour Culminates With Kate Moss
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat