Critics wouldn't stop complaining about how bleak and funereal the fall 2009 men's collections were. That aesthetic carried over to makeup, as well. Except, instead of looking like they were merely going to a funeral, they looked like they were the ones getting buried. Gareth Pugh, John Galliano, and Alexander McQueen — three critically heralded collections — sent out models that looked like they had been punched in both eyes and dead for five days. And it was fabulous, of course. It sort of reminds us of the goth trend on the ladies' runways for fall 2008. We had black lipstick, now dudes have black eyes. It all kind of goes with the economy, doesn't it? We're calling it "Zombie Chic."
Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
- Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
- Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 6 Days to Go!
- Scientist Invents ‘Healthy’ Chocolate
- Sexting With a Tinder Spam-Bot, Things Get Weird
- Barneys Is Going to Reopen a Chelsea Location
- Justin Bieber Was Going for a Frank Sinatra Look
- Fabulously Festive: Jonathan Adler Handbags
- Meet Wayne Goss, YouTube's Male Makeup Star
- Heidi Klum Has Five Christmas Trees Too Many
- My Real-Life Her: Who Needs a Body to Have Sex?
- Versace Is Probably Going to Get Even Sexier
- Hot Men in Warm Sweaters
- Audrey Gelman and Terry Richardson Split