The economy is slowly eating away at next month's fall 2009 Fashion Week (hello, Vera Wang, Carmen Marc Valvo, Betsey Johnson, Monique Lhuillier, and Naeem Khan). But even in this bearish financial wasteland, bulls walk alone in the night. Like Oscar de la Renta, who has, upon our stars, added a fashion show. He will show twice on Wednesday, February 18, first at 1 p.m. and then at 2 p.m. One show is for retailers, the other for press. He tells Fashion Week Daily, " has a been good year for me … While some businesses faced tough times, I actually added 15 employees to my company. Sales-wise, the last three months have been solid for us." Merry words indeed! Fabulous to know the really rich have stayed that way. Ladies who lunch must be just as keen, perhaps more so, on Oscar's divine, exorbitantly priced creations (one white lace cotton dress: $4,790) in hard times as in good times. Next thing you know he'll fill the gift bags with cash.
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament