The economy is slowly eating away at next month's fall 2009 Fashion Week (hello, Vera Wang, Carmen Marc Valvo, Betsey Johnson, Monique Lhuillier, and Naeem Khan). But even in this bearish financial wasteland, bulls walk alone in the night. Like Oscar de la Renta, who has, upon our stars, added a fashion show. He will show twice on Wednesday, February 18, first at 1 p.m. and then at 2 p.m. One show is for retailers, the other for press. He tells Fashion Week Daily, " has a been good year for me … While some businesses faced tough times, I actually added 15 employees to my company. Sales-wise, the last three months have been solid for us." Merry words indeed! Fabulous to know the really rich have stayed that way. Ladies who lunch must be just as keen, perhaps more so, on Oscar's divine, exorbitantly priced creations (one white lace cotton dress: $4,790) in hard times as in good times. Next thing you know he'll fill the gift bags with cash.
Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
Amy Adams Didn’t Do Boob Tape in American Hustle
- Michelle Obama Got a Farrah Fawcett Blowout
- Why We Can't Let Men Off the Hook on Housework
- Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Nicki Minaj Got a Boob Cake for Her Birthday
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
- Obstinate Seal Traps Newlyweds on Remote Island
- Amy Adams Didn’t Do Boob Tape in American Hustle
- Joanna Coles Lets Her 36-Year-Old Assistant Blog
- Beyoncé Wears Cow Print, Displays Sense of Humor
- Best Bet: Property Metallic Sack
- Selfie Yearbook 2013: Celebrity Superlatives
- 70 Fancy Gifts to Pine for This Holiday Season
- Short Men Are Out of Luck 99 Percent of the Time
- Lindsay Lohan Implicated in Hilton Bro Beating
- Victoria Beckham Hated Her Girl-Power Prison