The economy is slowly eating away at next month's fall 2009 Fashion Week (hello, Vera Wang, Carmen Marc Valvo, Betsey Johnson, Monique Lhuillier, and Naeem Khan). But even in this bearish financial wasteland, bulls walk alone in the night. Like Oscar de la Renta, who has, upon our stars, added a fashion show. He will show twice on Wednesday, February 18, first at 1 p.m. and then at 2 p.m. One show is for retailers, the other for press. He tells Fashion Week Daily, " has a been good year for me … While some businesses faced tough times, I actually added 15 employees to my company. Sales-wise, the last three months have been solid for us." Merry words indeed! Fabulous to know the really rich have stayed that way. Ladies who lunch must be just as keen, perhaps more so, on Oscar's divine, exorbitantly priced creations (one white lace cotton dress: $4,790) in hard times as in good times. Next thing you know he'll fill the gift bags with cash.
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel
- Newly Vegan Beyoncé Covers Her Body in Pizza
- Matthew Williamson and Gwyneth Are Secret BFFs
- Why Should Fluid Sexuality Be Women-Only?