The economy takes no prisoners, not even Rodeo Drive. José Eber's salon, where Farrah Fawcett, Elizabeth Taylor, and Catherine Zeta-Jones have gotten their hair done, has lost so many clients that they're calling them and asking them to come back. Eber himself is shopping at Kmart ("Who needs $40 underwear?"), and was delighted when one of his celebrity clients gave him a Whole Foods gift card. "A year ago I would have said is she crazy? Do I need this? Now I’m absolutely thrilled!" Still, it's Whole Foods, not Trader Joe's. [Daily Beast]
Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Sheryl Sandberg’s Favorite Shampoo Commercial
- Kate Winslet Just Had a Baby Boy
- Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- Taylor Swift Uses Her Phone to Put on Makeup
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 15 Days to Go!
- The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- New York Winter Weddings Issue Is Live!
- Wish List: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Quinn Loafer
- Daniel Radcliffe Has a Greasy New Bob
- Qantas Staff Doesn’t Want to Look Like Kerr
- Pre-Fall’s Best: Jason Wu, Rag & Bone, and More
- Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Rodarte Sent Rihanna Boob Tassels for Christmas
- Should Women in Their Forties Model Underwear?
- 7 Things Lady Gaga’s Dreads Actually Look Like