Despite the buzz-kill of cutbacks this Fashion Week, Adidas is launching a new line called adidas SLVR. Billed as a sibling label to Y-3 and adidas Originals, the debut collection touts minimalist, ecochic designs focusing on fabrics like sustainable organic cotton, soybean fiber, bamboo, and water-resistant nylon. While the mostly black-and-white basics aren't going to stop traffic, we like the creative, waste-conscious concept behind some of the key looks: The draping Zero Waste Tee is made of one swath of fabric stitched with a single seam, and the 7 Piece Shoe scales back the 25-plus parts that make up a standard sneaker. The SLVR apparel, footwear, and accessories will be unveiled in a new store opening at 108 Wooster Street on February 17. (A new line and a new store? Take that, recession!) New York gets first dibs — after Fashion Week, the label will be rolled out globally. Click ahead for a preview.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Defense Bill Deal Delays Sexual Assault Vote
Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- Defense Bill Deal Delays Sexual Assault Vote
- Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
- Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 16 Days to Go!
- Michelle Obama Got a Farrah Fawcett Hairdo
- Why We Can't Let Men Off the Hook on Housework
- Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Nicki Minaj Got a Boob Cake for Her Birthday
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
- Obstinate Seal Traps Newlyweds on Remote Island
- Amy Adams Didn’t Do Boob Tape in American Hustle
- Joanna Coles Lets Her 36-Year-Old Assistant Blog
- Beyoncé Wears Cow Print, Displays Sense of Humor
- Best Bet: Property Metallic Sack
- Selfie Yearbook 2013: Celebrity Superlatives