While Saturday proved that runway vets still ruled, the newbies powered back to take over Sunday. Renowned casting director Russell Marsh cast the Jonathan Saunders show, and sent Sara Blomqvist out first — her biggest runway trot to date. Then Sigrid Agren, one of the hottest breakout stars of spring 2009, proved she's still rising to the top by opening for Diane Von Furstenberg. But the day's winner is Anna Selezneva. Being the current face of Calvin Klein Collection, everyone slated her as Calvin's exclusive face for the fall runway. But she showed up at Hervé Léger to close the show instead. Click ahead to see all the fresh faces in our openers-and-closers slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve