Last night the Obamas awarded Stevie Wonder the Library of Congress Gershwin Prize for Popular Song. Ho ho, but the fun didn't stop there. Though reporters have previously noted that Barack only wears red or blue ties, last night he wore a silver tie. Fashion editors have predicted when he branches out he'd take this route or opt for something patterned. But this morning he was back to his serious wardrobe, choosing a blue-striped tie for the very serious unveiling of his very serious new budget. Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner, however, wore a very cheerful bright-orange tie. We love it — channeling fiscal optimism with fashion! Either that or he's a raging fashionisto deep down inside and caught fall 2009's neon fever a whole season and a half early. In any case, we can't wait to see what this administration will do next. We're holding out for leopard print.
SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
- Susan Sarandon Was High at Most Hollywood Events
- How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- There’s a Six-Hour Line for the Trendiest Selfie
- The Best and Worst of December Fashion Magazines
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 13 Days to Go!
- Meet SAMMA: A Minimal, Pared-Down Jewelry Line
- Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It
- Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies
- See: Flash Mob Ballet at Van Cleef & Arpels
- Adam Levine Brings You Sexiest Health-Care Alive
- How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- The Year in Street Style: Céline Wins!
- Kate Middleton Dares to Wear a Dress Three Times