This fall your kisser's going over to the dark side. Deep, saturated raspberry lips popped up on the runways this week — typically paired with a nude, natural eye — from the burgundy matte hues at Charlotte Ronson and Betsey Johnson to glossier versions at Erin Fetherston and Jason Wu. Luca Luca channeled Hollywood glamour for a deep strawberry shade, while the mouths at Ruffian were lined in ruby red. Maybe all the emphasis on lipstick has something to do with the good ol' Lipstick Theory — when the economy goes down, lipstick sales go up. And if that's the case, berry lipstick is what you can invest in for fall. So pucker up.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve