In September, model Erin Wasson got a lot of flack when she told Nylon TV that she thought homeless people on Venice Beach had the best style. Five months later, Erin still feels misunderstood. “I was not meaning to demean homeless people whatsoever!” she insisted when we called her at home yesterday as she packed for London Fashion Week. “I have actually talked to these homeless people. I’ve had conversations with them. It’s a choice that they’ve made. They don’t want to have a job. They enjoy being completely free. I’ll see people on the beach and aesthetically, they look awesome, and because it’s so uncontrived and uninhibited. I got a lot of heat for that. It wasn’t that I was like ‘Oh yeah, homeless people are so cool; it’s so cool to see people that are homeless looking cool.’ It’s the lack of complexity in the way that they dress and the fact that there’s no thought behind it whatsoever that’s so righteous. You know?”
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It To 'Saturday'
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel