Dapper Vogue editor Hamish Bowles has been known to frequent the occasional dive bar, so when we bumped into him at the decidedly non-divey Matthew Williamson boutique party, we asked where he likes to slum it. “I love Marie’s Crisis,” he told us, although he wouldn’t call the West Village piano bar a dive. And yes, he happily belts out show tunes, Bowles admitted with a laugh. How’s his voice? “I have a sort of very old-fashioned tremolo voice, I would say, kind of a bit Jessie Matthews–ish.” The other favorite haunts he copped to are upscale Bemelman’s and Beatrice Inn. “And that’s all I’m admitting to. That’s as far as I’m going to go on the record,” he said as he swept out of the party.
Date Miley Cyrus by Dressing Exactly Like Her
Kim and Kanye Deny Versailles Wedding
Jessica Hart, Kim, Kanye & More at Art Basel
- Date Miley Cyrus by Dressing Exactly Like Her
- Kim and Kanye Deny Versailles Wedding
- Jessica Hart, Kim, Kanye & More at Art Basel
- Best Bet: Hive and Honey Military Twill Pants
- Cressida Bonas’s Baby Book: What Does It Mean?
- Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid?
- Is Sex a Workout?
- ‘Hard-Wired’ Sex Differences Are Meaningless
- Adam Levine Doesn’t Brush His Teeth
- Lena Dunham and Judy Blume Talk Sixth-Grade Lies
- Meet Naja, the Do-Good Lingerie Line
- Dame Edna, Bearer of Holiday Cheer
- Ms. Blue Ivy Carter, Too Cool for Pre-School
- Happy Birthday, Jeff Bridges!
- Famous Person Dares to Wear Dress More Than Once