The No. 1 surprise guest of Fashion Week, Michelle Obama, has been a no-show. Sure, we're disappointed, but we suppose she has better things to do right now. And just because she didn't grace us with her presence (and we'd probably break our fashion-cool persona and get an autograph if she had) doesn't mean she isn't shopping the runways. Ikram Goldman, the stylist-store-owner behind Mrs. Obama's closet, was seen at Thakoon with White House Social Secretary Desirée Rogers. (Goldman was also at another Obama favorite, Zero + Maria Cornejo.) We thought we'd lend a helping hand and pick out some outfits that were potential First Lady–wear. Click ahead to see what Mrs. Obama might be wearing soon.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve