Given These Economic Times, many critics anticipated designers would tone it down this Fashion Week. Alas, they were wrong! The palette is electric with neon colors. Fuchsia popped up today at Oscar de la Renta and Michael Kors, while Narciso Rodriguez and Bensoni both used lime green earlier in the week. But Marc Jacobs took it one step further by continuing his Stephen Sprouse eighties inspiration with an entire neon collection that included hot-pink hooded jackets, lemon capes, and metallic cerulean minis. And we couldn't be happier that the runways provided something other than black, gray, and beige for fall's palette. Winter is dark and bleak, anyway. Next fall, cheer it up with some color. Click ahead to see these and more neon designs.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Famous Person Dares to Wear Dress More Than Once
Shailene Woodley’s Beauty Mantra: ‘You Do You’
A First Glimpse of Beyoncé and Jay’s Vegan Life
- Happy Birthday, Jeff Bridges!
- Famous Person Dares to Wear Dress More Than Once
- WSJ Columnist: Time Warner Is a ‘Little Girl’
- Watch Lily McMenamy Do Crazy-Ass Yoga in Céline
- Katy Perry Says Volunteer for the Insta-Pix
- Shailene Woodley’s Beauty Mantra: ‘You Do You’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 21 Days to Go!
- A First Glimpse of Beyoncé and Jay’s Vegan Life
- Party Pics: The First Wave From Art Basel Miami
- Gumbel Makes Barneys Race Joke to Barneys CEO
- Tyra Banks Is 40!
- Kimye Plans Super-Subtle Wedding at Versailles
- Liv Tyler Reminds Us to Say Please and Thank You
- Used Princess Di Clothes Sell for $140,000
- ‘Kamikaze Sperm’: Fighting Off Rivals?