Given These Economic Times, many critics anticipated designers would tone it down this Fashion Week. Alas, they were wrong! The palette is electric with neon colors. Fuchsia popped up today at Oscar de la Renta and Michael Kors, while Narciso Rodriguez and Bensoni both used lime green earlier in the week. But Marc Jacobs took it one step further by continuing his Stephen Sprouse eighties inspiration with an entire neon collection that included hot-pink hooded jackets, lemon capes, and metallic cerulean minis. And we couldn't be happier that the runways provided something other than black, gray, and beige for fall's palette. Winter is dark and bleak, anyway. Next fall, cheer it up with some color. Click ahead to see these and more neon designs.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- U.N. Pressures Prada to Stop Discrimination
- McCartney’s Asia Tour Culminates With Kate Moss
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat
- Roitfeld Cast Herself in Seyfried’s Givenchy Ads
- Dirty Levi’s Jeans Sell for $36,100