West London chanteuse Estelle tours with “American Boy” collaborator and newly minted Louis Vuitton sneaker designer Kanye West, so backstage at Nicole Miller, we asked her what she thought of Kanye's recent assertion that he dresses better than “a lot of gay people.” “Whaaaat?!” she replied, before quickly regaining her composure. “Oh whoo, that’s a hard one. He’s definitely in the running.” And yet Estelle says that Kanye never gives her style advice; in fact, she soothed his nerves at the Grammys: “I’m about to go onstage and Kanye actually asks me what I’m about to wear because he’s never sure,” she recalled. “He’s like, ‘What are you wearing? I’m trying to make it work. What color?’ And I went, ‘Silver with sparkly stuff on it!’ so he went and got the jacket and we matched it up.” Still, unlike Kanye, Estelle doesn't yet have her own clothing deal. “I will later on,” she assured us. “It will be a bridge between Grace Jones and Edie Sedgwick — kind of fresh, like how I dress now.”
Ms. Blue Ivy Carter, Too Cool for Pre-School
Famous Person Dares to Wear Dress More Than Once
Shailene Woodley’s Beauty Mantra: ‘You Do You’
- Ms. Blue Ivy Carter, Too Cool for Pre-School
- Happy Birthday, Jeff Bridges!
- Famous Person Dares to Wear Dress More Than Once
- WSJ Columnist: Time Warner Is a ‘Little Girl’
- Watch Lily McMenamy Do Crazy-Ass Yoga in Céline
- Katy Perry Says Volunteer for the Insta-Pix
- Shailene Woodley’s Beauty Mantra: ‘You Do You’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 21 Days to Go!
- A First Glimpse of Beyoncé and Jay’s Vegan Life
- Party Pics: The First Wave From Art Basel Miami
- Gumbel Makes Barneys Race Joke to Barneys CEO
- Tyra Banks Is 40!
- Kimye Plans Super-Subtle Wedding at Versailles
- Liv Tyler Reminds Us to Say Please and Thank You
- Used Princess Di Clothes Sell for $140,000