Last month, Thom Browne showed his collection at the Pitti Uomo menswear fair in Florence, eschewing a traditional runway show for an office diorama where Mad Men types furiously pounded away on typewriters. Browne, who appeared last night at GQ's toast for the six finalists in its Best New Menswear Designers in America competition, which he will help to judge, insisted that skipping Fashion Week here in New York isn't a snub. "I've been wanting to show in Europe for a while. It had nothing to do with not wanting to show here, I was invited to show there." Referring to the some of the manly, rugged looks on the menswear runways, the antithesis of his sharp designs, Browne said, "I never trend to or away from anything. So I hope everybody is just conscious of doing their own thing." He also noted that he's doing his bit to support local businesses: "I go out to dinner. Il Cantinori and The Four Seasons are my restaurants."
Dame Edna, Bearer of Holiday Cheer
Ms. Blue Ivy Carter, Too Cool for Pre-School
Famous Person Dares to Wear Dress More Than Once
- Dame Edna, Bearer of Holiday Cheer
- Ms. Blue Ivy Carter, Too Cool for Pre-School
- Happy Birthday, Jeff Bridges!
- Famous Person Dares to Wear Dress More Than Once
- WSJ Columnist: Time Warner Is a ‘Little Girl’
- Watch Lily McMenamy Do Crazy-Ass Yoga in Céline
- Katy Perry Says Volunteer for the Insta-Pix
- Shailene Woodley’s Beauty Mantra: ‘You Do You’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 21 Days to Go!
- A First Glimpse of Beyoncé and Jay’s Vegan Life
- Party Pics: The First Wave From Art Basel Miami
- Gumbel Makes Barneys Race Joke to Barneys CEO
- Tyra Banks Is 40!
- Kimye Plans Super-Subtle Wedding at Versailles
- Liv Tyler Reminds Us to Say Please and Thank You