Drumroll, please: Fashion Week officially kicks off tomorrow. Finally! But are you ready? Because, unfortunately, not everyone's onboard. Let's thank the economy for that. Already, designers are compensating for their mounting financial problems by cutting invite lists (Marc, Zac), choosing low-key presentations (Vera, Betsey), or finding ways to show online (Halston). But then (dun dun dun) there are those who aren't showing at all. One cancellation after another is the tangible realization that the recession sucks. Below we've compiled our list of the designer-AWOL crowd. We can only hope they return next season, restored and ready to rock a runway again. In the meantime, you can stop checking your in-box now — these invites aren't coming.
LISTED AS CANCELED
• Benjamin Cho: "For the first time I thought it was a little bit obnoxious to throw a fashion show for myself," he says.
• Francis by Christian Francis Roth: The designer just "came back" last season, and now he will do a look book instead of a runway or presentation.
• Gap: Patrick Robinson and his Gap crew won't be showing until April.
• Hanii Y: The label is "holding off" on a runway show or presentation.
• Mikhael Kale: All of his samples got damaged in transit, forcing a last-minute cancellation.
• Rory Beca: Designer Rory Edelman is a no-show.
• Rubin Singer: We hear that the designer didn't feel like the time was right to do anything too extravagant.
• Sari Gueron: Canceled her show citing the recession; instead will do showroom appointments only.
• Steven Alan: He's growing — new store, new collaboration — just not a show.
• Sue Stemp: The designer told us she can't do a show this season.
• Willow: Sydney-based Kit Willow won't be making an appearance Stateside — on the runway, at least.
MISSING IN ACTION
• Malo: We're not sure why, but this label is missing!
• Peter Som: It hasn't been an easy year for Peter. When we caught up with him in January, plans were still up in the air. Weeks later, they still are.
• Thom Browne: He wanted to show in Europe, so he did — and insists he didn't snub New York.
Most Viewed Stories
Elizabeth Warren Just Said What Most Women Wish They Could to Donald Trump
Blake Lively Reportedly Just Gave Birth, and You’ll Never Guess Who’s Running to the Hospital
I Tried Hillary Clinton’s Diet and Now I Sympathize With Her
Brad Pitt Fights Back Against Angelina Jolie and Her Plot to ‘Destroy’ Him
What It’s Like to Be a Female Reporter Covering Donald Trump
The Mysterious Deaths of Two Sisters in a Luxury Hotel
Prince George Has No Time for Justin Trudeau’s High Fives
Looks Like Kate Middleton Is Enjoying the View in Canada
It’s Time to Stop Writing ‘I Hope You’re Well’ in Emails
Megyn Kelly Roasts Trump’s Campaign Manager for Claiming He Doesn’t Make Sexist Comments
From Our Partners
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Fashion FeaturesCiara's Wedding Dress Was Too Big for the Chapel
To be fair, it was a 13 foot-long dress.You and Rihanna Will Both Want to Invest in Dior’s New Bag
It's got something for everyone.Polo Shirts Have Turned Their Back on Ryan Lochte
Along with his other major sponsors.Ryan Lochte Will No Longer Be Paid to Wear Tiny Bathing Suits
Speedo remains committed to transparency.Laura Brown Is the New Editor-in-Chief of InStyle
After 11 years at Harper’s Bazaar.Tyra Banks Is Going to Teach a Class on Smizing at Stanford
"If I see somebody not paying attention, I’m gonna call on them."This Floating Pier Is the Most Zen Installation Ever
Walking on water in Italy.Nation Is Appalled by Matt Lauer’s Nude Ankles During Ryan Lochte Interview
What’s the opposite of “Jeah”?8 People at the Life of Pablo Pop-up Explain Why Kanye West Is a God
"I mean, Kanye West is just Kanye West. There's not more or less you can say about Kanye West. He's just Mr. West!"A T-shirt Is Enough
Simplicity, versatility, and cool. What more could you want?
She took a perfect pencil dive off a 30-foot yacht.American Apparel Is Being Sued by Former Workers
As the company considers putting itself up for sale.A Gendered History of the Tailored Suit
From Marlon Brando to Coco Chanel.How Zendaya Developed Such Great Style at the Young Age of 19
The star's best looks from Disney to now.Proof That If You’re Chic Enough, a Little Federal Investigation Doesn’t Matter
Is this the best they could do?5,300-Year-Old Mummified Iceman Probably Would’ve Been a Street-Style Star
He had several different looks and was “pretty picky.”J.Crew Has Identified 226 Shades of Pink
Even more than there are shades of gray.Gigi and Bella Hadid Merch Is Now Somehow a Thing That Is Happening
Today in Hadidiana.Gird Your Loins for the Return of Yeezy to New York Fashion Week
The season approaches.This Indie Brand Had a Great Response to Ivanka Trump
When she bought one of their cuffs, they donated the proceeds to the Clinton campaign.