Milan's accessories made the outfits this runway season. Designers breathed new life into bags: Prada's bags took on fur, Dolce & Gabbana's used fringe, and Emporio Armani's featured silver studs. Gloves morphed into statement pieces: Giorgio Armani opted for patent leather, Marni tacked on fur, and Jil Sander's two-tone pair almost hit the shoulder, proving gloves just might be the new sleeves. As for jewelry, it's meant to be big and bold. Bottega's necklace looked like a jeweled wreath hung around the models' necks, and Marni mixed flowers and chains in a gold-accessorizing montage. (Bling isn't out after all!) So if you feel the need to take a break from the retro eighties clothes and neon boldness, make your statement with accessories. Come fall, it's time to pile them on. Click ahead to check out our favorite bags, gloves, and jewelry.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Cannes Day 9: Princess Charlene and Heidi Klum
- The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
- U.N. Pressures Prada to Stop Discrimination
- McCartney’s Asia Tour Culminates With Kate Moss
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat