Paris Fashion Week is always the strongest and most influential of the season — nobody does it quite like the French. Shoes continued to play a major role for fall. Thigh-high boots (keep doing your StairMaster) were everywhere: French coquettish at Louis Vuitton with lacing and bows or stretch suede with eighties cone heels from Isabel Marant. Feather sandals at Givenchy upped the titillation factor on an LBD, and fur-trimmed sandals took Miu Miu for a walk on the sexy side. At Nina Ricci, towering, heel-less platforms defied the laws of physics, proving that the crazy-shoe trend is still very much alive. To see more shoes from Paris, click ahead.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve