It's prom season, people. Remember prom in all of its glory? The date drama, rented limos, packing condoms in your Claire's purse, going to someone's shore house only to realize they don't have toilet paper or heat ... Oh, the memories. If you could do it all over again, what would you change? Well, we'd like to go to the duct-tape prom, that's for sure. It's the ninth year for this Duck brand duct tape "Stuck at Prom" contest, where students compete to create the most innovative outfits out of the sticky stuff. Judges choose the best by their use of the twenty colors, originality, accessories, and quantity. The first-place couple gets $3,000 each, which is barely enough to buy three credits at college anymore. But who cares about the future when you're known as That Girl or That Guy who won the duct-tape prom? That kind of thing "sticks" with you forever. Winners will be picked June 9, but that doesn't mean you can't judge some of the submissions now. Click ahead to see students from Swainsboro High School in Swainsboro, Georgia, in all of their duct-tape debauchery.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament