• Receive personalized styling tips from dress and swimwear designer Shoshanna Lonstein Gruss and preview her spring 2009 collection. Saks Fifth Avenue, 611 Fifth Ave., nr. 50th St. (212-940-4806); 47.
• Laura Mercier, founder of Laura Mercier Cosmetics, will stop by Henri Bendel to promote her spring collection. She'll also teach a workshop featuring her new floral-inspired products. Henri Bendel, 712 Fifth Ave., nr. 56th St. (212-247-1100); appearance (36), workshop (67). Workshop is $100, call for reservations.
• Authors Marisha Pessl and Anisha Lakhani will make an appearance at Lord & Taylor to support jewelry line Carolee's "Author's Words To Live By" collection. They are selling bangles to benefit Literacy Partners. Autographed copies of the authors' works will be given as gifts with purchase. 424 Fifth Ave., nr. 38th St. (212-391-3344); 68.
• Save on cashmere at the White + Warren spring 2009 sample sale. Cashmere cardigans and pullovers are $85 (originally $220), cashmere travel wraps are $125 (originally $275), and cotton cardigans and novelty sweaters are $50 (originally $165). Through 3/14. 80 W. 40th St., nr. Sixth Ave., third fl. (212-298-3295); Th (127), F (87), S (93).
• Men's clothes by Gilded Age are 40 to 75 percent off retail prices at the brand's first sample sale. 11 E. 4th St., nr. Broadway (212-228-7747); Th, F (107), S (105).
• Tunics and dresses by Roberta Freymann are 30 to 70 percent off. Through 3/14. 153 E. 70th St., at Lexington Ave. (212-585-3767); Th (10:306:30), F, S (116).
• Find serious discounts on the men's clothes by Carlos Campos — leather bombers are $185 (originally $950), overcoats are $100 to $200 (originally $1,100), and button-up shirts are $60 (originally $195). Through 3/12. 248 W. 35th St., nr. Seventh Ave., ninth fl. (212-244-2377); W, Th (107).
• Italian leather handbags, travel accessories, wallets, and gifts are 50 to 70 percent off at the Tusk clearance sale. Receive an additional 5 percent off purchases of $200 or more and 10 percent off purchases of $300 or more. Through 3/21. 242 W. 26th St., nr. Eighth Ave. (212-242-8585); MS (117).
• Clothing Line is hosting a sample sale featuring men's and women's clothes by Rogan and Loomstate. 261 W. 36th St., nr. Seventh Ave., second fl. (212-947-8748); T, Th (107), W, F (106).
• If you didn't get a chance to hit the Brooks Brothers sale last week, don't fret, because it's been extended. Brooks Brothers and Black Fleece by Brooks Brothers collections are up to 75 percent off: Sport coats are $99, pants are $69, and outerwear starts at $199. 346 Madison Ave., at 44th St., fourth fl. (212-682-8800); MF (88).
Most Viewed Stories
Why Everyone Loves the Alpha Girl
Will We Abandon Women’s Rights in the Name of Progressive Politics?
When Women Pursue Sex, Even Men Don’t Get It
Is This the Weirdest Taylor Swift Romance Rumor Yet?
Why Are All the Gays Still Obsessed With Big Little Lies?
Steve Bannon Unironically Referred to Megyn Kelly As ‘The Devil’
A Funny Thing Happens When Women Begin to Outearn Their Husbands
The 26-Year-Old Couch-Surfing After a Breakup
Girlboss Will Make You Nostalgic, But Maybe Not in a Good Way
Here’s Chelsea Clinton Responding to an Awkward Joke About Her Mom
The Cut’s Latest Shopping FeaturesHow to Wear a Pink Suit
That millennial-friendly color strikes again.Cheap Thrill: A Frilled Tomato-Red Jumpsuit
Saucy.14 Things on Sale You’ll Actually Want to Buy: From a Backpack to a Bralette
This week, we dug through the darkest, deepest depths of the internet and found a back-to-school-worthy backpack and a $30 mint-green lamp.Treat Yourself: This Ring Will Make You Feel Like a Boss
A defense against impostor syndrome.Back-to-School Shopping Guide: The College Years
From fuzzy pillows to flatware.The 11 Best Pieces to Buy at Avenue 32’s Sale
Deep discounts, up to 80 percent off.Could These Be the Best Workout Leggings?
Meet the high-waisted version of ADAY's perpetually sold-out Throw and Roll leggings.The Perfect Summer Blanket Is Here
Never wake up in another night sweat again.Cheap Thrill: a Summer Dress You’ll Want to Wear Every Day
For work and weekend.How to Wear Two Bright Colors Together
Marigold and acid-green actually go together really well.
Grunge and glam had a baby together, and it's this clutch.Drake’s Is Now Collaborating With J.Crew
The British menswear brand, not the rapper.13 Basics on Sale, From a T-Shirt to a Tea Kettle
Here, some simple things on super-sale.Here’s Another Way to Get That Vetements Look
Champion's Reverse Weave collection is now sold on SSENSE.10 Bodysuits to Tuck Into Pretty Much Everything
Wear them with mom jeans, high-waisted skirts, work pants ...How to Make Your Work Clothes Less Boring
Take some liberties with this cool Tory Burch skirt.You Can Now Wear Your Succulents on Your Fingers
With the 13-piece Cactus de Cartier collection.Vivienne Westwood’s New York Debut, Unexpected Pool Floats, and a ’70s-Inspired Record Store
What's new in New York stores.Treat Yourself: A Bubblegum-Pink Varsity Jacket
Get one for everyone in your girl gang.9 Ways to Make Your Summer Wardrobe Less Boring
Don't freak out. Buy one of these nine things instead.