• Meet designer Maria Cornejo and preview her fall 2009 collection. Barneys, 660 Madison Ave., nr. 60th St. (212-826-8900); 106.
• Bliss Spa's signature eyebrow waxes are free for the first 25 customers at its Arch Madness event. 541 Lexington Ave., nr. 49th St. (212-219-8970); 810. 12 W. 57th St., nr. Fifth Ave., third fl. (212-219-8970); 99. 586 Broadway, nr. Prince St., second fl. (212-219-8970); 99.
• Check out the debut line of Carrera sportswear brand's sunglasses, featuring vintage-inspired designs. D.J.'s Jesse Marco and Mia Moretti will spin during the kick-off events at both Bloomingdale's locations. 1000 Third Ave., nr. 59th St., metro fl. (212-705-2000), and 504 Broadway Ave., nr. Spring St., men's fl. (212-729-5900); F (68).
• Join Saks Fifth Avenue for the premiere of Brooklyn, a new scent by Noho-based artisanal perfumery Bond No. 9 New York. Creator and CEO Laurice Rahme will be on hand to sign perfume bottles. 611 Fifth Ave., nr. 49th St. (212-753-4000); 17.
• Tända, a skin-care line, teams up with laser surgeon Dr. David Goldberg to promote a better complexion through light therapy. Dr.Goldberg will provide customized skin consultations. Sephora, 711 Lexington Ave., (646-521-2200); 11:301:30, and Sephora, 10 Columbus Circle, (212-823-9383); 3:305:30.
• Pedro Muñoz of Stallion Boots (as seen on Bob Dylan and Brooke Shields) stops by Bloomingdale's to help customers create their own custom cowboy boots made from his exotic leather collection. 1000 Third Ave., nr. 59th St., men's shoe department (212-705-2104), 117, call for appointment.
• Streetwear and sneaker haven Alife Rivington Club joined forces with Nike to create a limited-edition, star-embossed, white-on-white Air Force One shoe called the A.R.C. x Nike Air Force 1. They go on sale on March 14, and if you want to get a pair, prepare to line up early. Alife Rivington Club, 157 Rivington St., nr. Clinton St. (212-253-0363); 117.
• Clothing Line is hosting a sample sale featuring men's and women's clothes by Rogan and Loomstate. 261 W. 36th St., nr. Seventh Ave., second fl. (212-947-8748); T, Th (107), W, F (106).
• If you didn't get a chance to hit the Brooks Brothers sale last week, don't fret because it's been extended. Brooks Brothers and Black Fleece by Brooks Brothers collections are up to 75 percent off: Sport coats are $99, pants are $69, and outerwear starts at $199. 346 Madison Ave., at 44th St., fourth fl. (212-682-8800); MF (88).
• Save on cashmere at the White + Warren spring 2009 sample sale. Cashmere cardigans and pullovers are $85 (originally $220), cashmere travel wraps are $125 (originally $275), and cotton cardigans and novelty sweaters are $50 (originally $165). 80 W. 40th St., nr. Sixth Ave., third fl. (212-298-3295); Th (127), F (87), S (93).
• Men's clothes by Gilded Age are 40 to 75 percent off retail prices at the brand's first sample sale. Through 3/14. 11 E. 4th St., nr. Broadway (212-228-7747); Th, F (107), S (105).
• Tunics and dresses by Roberta Freymann are 30 to 70 percent off. Through 3/14. 153 E. 70th St., at Lexington Ave. (212-585-3767); Th (10:306:30), F, S (116).
• Purchase jewelry by Lisa K Design such as gold two-inch drop-leaf earrings for $65 (regularly $175) and a triple strand gold and turquoise necklace for $155 (regularly $445) during their online sample sale. Through 3/18. Web only: TheSavvy.com.
• Save up to 75 percent on the fall 2008 and pre-spring 2009 Rachel Roy collection. Through 5/19. 230 Fifth Ave., nr. 27th St. (212-920-1211); SuTh (105).
• Adam Lippes's bright, flirty, fun women’s clothing, basics, and accessories are 60 to 80 percent off at the ADAM spring warehouse sample sale. 75 Ninth Ave., nr. 15th St.; WSu (107).
• Barack Obama's favorite suitmaker Hart Schaffner Marx's warehouse sale offers deals on suits, sport coats, and other men's clothes. Soiffer Haskin, 317 West 33rd St., nr. Seventh Ave. (718-747-1656); Th (87), F (97), S (96), Su (95).
• Handbags are up to 75 percent off at the Ananas pop-up store in Nolita. The Samantha bag is $230 (originally $530), the Coco clutch is $50 (originally $98), and leather and abaca styles are $25 to $98 (originally $98 to $310). Through 3/15. 248 Elizabeth St., nr. Prince St. (202-445-4845); 127.
Most Viewed Stories
Michelle Obama: No Boy Is Cute Enough to Keep You From Getting an Education
Meet the Prom Queen of Instagram
Selfie Sorority Uses Media Frenzy for Good Cause
A Comprehensive Taxonomy of Men With Long Hair
Dump Someone If You Hate Their Smell
Serena Williams Is Eyeing a Fashionable Post-Court Life, But First She’s Got Tennis History to Make
Ice-Cold Teens Don’t Hesitate to Block Their Exes
Michelle Obama Killed It in Vera Wang at Last Night’s White House State Dinner
The New ‘Rich-Girl Hair’ Is Officially Everywhere
10 Awkward, Nostalgic Stories of Summer-Camp Sexual Awakenings
From Our Partners
Is This $15 Glossy Stain Even Better Than YSL's? (Yes!)
How Demi Lovato Embraced This Body “Problem” We All Have
Here's What To Buy From J.Crew's HUGE 75-Percent-Off Sale!
How This Woman Lost 30 Pounds After Years of Ignoring Her Weight Gain
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Shopping FeaturesCool Cocktail Dresses Inspired by the Philippines
From the up-and-comers behind Mestiza.Treat-Yourself Friday: A Utilitarian Leather Jacket
Perfect for the unpredictable weather.38 Pairs of Boots to Buy This Fall
Because pedicure season is finally over.41 Downright-Gorgeous New Pieces for Your Home
From kingly bedding to froggy rugs to Georg Jensen glass.5 Discerning New Yorkers on Their Favorite Finds for the Home
Project Runway’s Tim Gunn, celebrity stylist June Ambrose, and more choose the city’s finest boutiques, furniture restorers, specialty shops, designers, and cleaners.Marni’s Fabulously Shaggy Winter Coats Are Here
Fluffy and fantastic.18 of the Best Fall Jackets Under $300
Welcome to layering season.Cheap Thrill: COS’s Wide-Leg Pants
A versatile transition piece.Outfit of the Week: Light Fall Layers
No jacket needed.37 Great Basics for Updating Your Wardrobe This Fall
The best work-friendly pieces, the perfect trench, and everything else you need right now.
A playful take on the trend.Balenciaga’s New Shoes Are a ’90s Dream
Angela Chase would approve.Altuzarra’s First Bags Debut at Barneys New York
Introducing the Ghianda collection.115 Ways to Scream ‘Status’
The thing to have right now if you’re an Italian chef, an Upper East Side lady, a leather daddy, or a Dalton senior. (We know because we asked.)Cheap Thrill: Kenzo’s Flirty Pleated Skirt
A go-with-everything skirt on sale.Outfit of the Week: A Work-Friendly Combo
The ideal pieces to wear as we head into fall.Winter Doomsday Preppers: This Coat Is for You
Warm, fuzzy, and a street-style hit.Spring 2016 Runway Trends to Buy Now
Who wants to wait until next year?The Start-up Helping You Cash In on Designer Bags
So you don't have the hassle of another consignment store.Outfit of the Week: A Cool, Office-Friendly Look
It's all in the skirt details.