• Rag & bone designers Marcus Wainwright and David Neville swing by Scoop's uptown location for an evening of wine, music, and shopping. Jeweler Bettina Wassermann will also be there with her jewelry, which was made famous when Mickey Rourke wore her pendant honoring his dog Loki to the Oscars. Scoop, 1275 Third Ave., nr. 73rd St. (212-535-5577); 69.
• Get ready to suck in your gut when you head to Saks Fifth Avenue to meet Sara Blakely, the founder of Spanx. She's there to launch Haute Contour by Spanx, a collection of lingerie-inspired looks, with an intimate cocktail party. 611 Fifth Ave., nr. 49th St., tenth fl. (212-940-2413); 57.
• Idlewild books, the travel-themed bookstore, is hosting Granta magazine's launch party. Stop by to meet the contributors and drink wine. 12 W. 19th St., nr. Fifth Ave. (212-414-8888); 79. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Elline Surianello, founder of LeMetric Hair Center, sets up in Saks with clinical psychologist Dr. Valerie White and BettyConfidential.com style editor Lois Joy-Johnson to offer complimentary wine, hors d'oeuvres, on-site makeovers by Laura Mercier, personal-shopping consultations by Saks, a discount-shopping card, and after-hours access to the store. Saks Fifth Avenue, 611 Fifth Ave., nr. 49th St., eighth fl. (646-827-9594); 6:309.
• Cynthia Rowley's sample sale features up to 80 percent off apparel and accessories. Full-price merchandise is also 20 percent off. Through 3/28. 376 Bleecker St., nr. Charles St. (212-242-3803); ThS (109).
• Stop by Camilla Staerk's store for up to 80 percent off fall 2008 pieces and other past-season samples. Also find a section of vintage and designer clothes from EMG Vintage. Through 3/27. 182 Mulberry St., nr. Kenmare St. (212-343-1160); Th, F (48).
• Here's a good way to spend your lunch break: Stop by Ben Sherman and Oxford Golf for their two-hour sample sale. Apparel is $10 and up, while shoes are $20 and up (for sizes 7 through 12). One day only. 860 Broadway, at 17th St., fifth fl.; 13.
• Jill Stuart, Alice + Olivia, and other brands stocked at WiNK are up to 80 percent off. Through 3/28. 188 Columbus Ave., nr. 68th St. (212-877-7727); daily (119).
• Shop like a princess at the Marchesa sample sale, where gowns from the Marchesa and Notte by Marchesa lines are 50 to 80 percent off. Sale prices range from $200 to $2,650 (originally $750 to $7,000). Warwick Hotel, 65 W. 54th St., at Sixth Ave., second fl.; W (87), Th (86).
• Receive 75 percent off women’s ready-to-wear, handbags, shoes, and jewelry from the summer 2008 collection at the Emanuel Ungaro Paris sample and stock sale. Through 3/26. 12 W. 57th St., nr. Fifth Ave., (212-247-2239); 107.
• Everything must go at Amarcord’s East Village location. Find vintage men’s and women’s shirts, dresses, pants, skirts, sweaters, hats, scarves, belts, shoes, and bags for $5, $10, and $20. Through 3/29. 84 E. 7th St., nr. First Ave. (212-614-7133); 126. Cash only.
• Kirna Zabête's online warehouse sale features your favorite designers’ clothes at up to 75 percent off. Alexander Wang dresses are $144 (originally $575), Lanvin dresses are $746 (originally $2,985), Proenza Schouler blouses and dresses are $163 to $938 (originally $650 to $3,750), Nina Ricci leather jackets are $898 (originally $3,590), and Stella McCartney blouses are as low as $69 (originally $345). Through 4/3. Online only: KirnaZabete.com.
• Fall and resort 2008 dresses by Sari Gueron are up to 90 percent off. Cocktail dresses that were $1,310 are now only $200, while blouses and tunics are $80 (originally $650). 133 W. 25th St., nr. Sixth Ave.; 117.
Most Viewed Stories
‘Weed Dick’ Is the New Way for Men to Sexually Disappoint You
Portraits of Privilege: A Teen Demands Mac ’n’ Cheese
How to Get Out of Any Party Conversation
The Big Secret of Every Dating App: Tech Doesn’t Matter
Amber Rose, Populist Slut Hero of Our Time
7 Alternatives to Those Sold-Out L.L. Bean Boots
Adriana Lima on Boxing, Brazilian Beauty Secrets
Cindy Crawford on Bagels, Instagirls, and Bringing the Supermodel Era to TV
Why Do I Jerk Awake Right As I’m Falling Asleep?
From Our Partners
Thrillist: Things No Self-Respecting Adult Should Be Doing on Facebook
Demi Lovato's 'Vanity Fair' Photo Shoot Is Totally Nude, Totally Natural, And Totally Woah
15 Signs You're With A Good Man
7 Asian Beauty Trends You Need To Try Now
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Shopping Features7 Alternatives to Those Sold-Out L.L. Bean Boots
Don't be one of the 100,000 losers waiting for back orders.Stock Up on These Fall Boots Under $300
Sensible lace-ups, sparkly shoes, and more.Cheap Thrill: Jacquemus’s Tailored T-Shirt
A signature piece from the "It" designer.Outfit of the Week: A Smart Way to Layer Basics
One more way to make weekdays easier.Cool Cocktail Dresses Inspired by the Philippines
From the up-and-comers behind Mestiza.Treat-Yourself Friday: A Utilitarian Leather Jacket
Perfect for the unpredictable weather.38 Pairs of Boots to Buy This Fall
Because pedicure season is finally over.41 Downright-Gorgeous New Pieces for Your Home
From kingly bedding to froggy rugs to Georg Jensen glass.5 Discerning New Yorkers on Their Favorite Finds for the Home
Project Runway’s Tim Gunn, celebrity stylist June Ambrose, and more choose the city’s finest boutiques, furniture restorers, specialty shops, designers, and cleaners.Marni’s Fabulously Shaggy Winter Coats Are Here
Fluffy and fantastic.
Welcome to layering season.Cheap Thrill: COS’s Wide-Leg Pants
A versatile transition piece.Outfit of the Week: Light Fall Layers
No jacket needed.37 Great Basics for Updating Your Wardrobe This Fall
The best work-friendly pieces, the perfect trench, and everything else you need right now.Treat Yourself Friday: A Quirky Bucket Bag
A playful take on the trend.Balenciaga’s New Shoes Are a ’90s Dream
Angela Chase would approve.Altuzarra’s First Bags Debut at Barneys New York
Introducing the Ghianda collection.115 Ways to Scream ‘Status’
The thing to have right now if you’re an Italian chef, an Upper East Side lady, a leather daddy, or a Dalton senior. (We know because we asked.)Cheap Thrill: Kenzo’s Flirty Pleated Skirt
A go-with-everything skirt on sale.Outfit of the Week: A Work-Friendly Combo
The ideal pieces to wear as we head into fall.