The New York Topshop is basically all constructed and set up. The scaffolding is gone, the merchandise is hung, press are filtering in and out for previews (look for our video tour of the store shortly!). All Sir Philip and his minions need to do is throw the requisite 40 or so celebrity-stocked parties to honor the occasion, throw up a big fat ribbon and thrust awkwardly large scissors into someone's hands to cut it, and then let all the 14-year-olds lined up outside trample and beat each other on the way in (we will be among them, but the shoes we buy will be so worth it). So who's the lucky person who gets to awkwardly wield the giant scissors? Kate Moss! Yes, it's confirmed. According to WWD, she'll be awake on Thursday morning to cut the ribbon. We hope she gets a good night's sleep the night before so she can get there on time. Because the wrath of that mob is the last thing we'd ever want to descend upon us.
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament