Nubeo is a high-end watch brand known for its jellyfish-inspired timepieces. They're teaming with Kobe Bryant for a new line of limited-edition high-tech sports watches, ranging in price from $21,000 to around $285,000, some of which are adorned with sapphires. The line will hit stores this fall — when we'll probably all be just as broke as we are now — and marks the company's U.S. debut. But can Kobe sell it? Most Americans have probably forgotten about that time in 2003 that he was accused of rape, and, though the charges were dismissed, lost endorsement deals with Nike, McDonald's and Coca-Cola. Nike and Coca-Cola have resumed endorsement deals with him, so they either believe in him or have no faith in our nation's collective memory. But the next question is: Who would buy it? Who would be shameless enough in These Times to spend the price of a house on a sapphire-encrusted watch meant to be worn to the gym, of all places? Those AIG nitwits for sure. Also, P. Diddy.
Spring in Reverse: Backs Take Center Stage
Best Bet: Joe Fresh Pleated Tuxedo Shirt
Defense Bill Deal Delays Sexual Assault Vote
- Spring in Reverse: Backs Take Center Stage
- Amy Adams Covered Herself in Black Lace
- Harry Styles Takes Kendall Jenner to a Gay Bar
- Best Bet: Joe Fresh Pleated Tuxedo Shirt
- Defense Bill Deal Delays Sexual Assault Vote
- Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
- Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 16 Days to Go!
- Michelle Obama Got a Farrah Fawcett Hairdo
- Why We Can't Let Men Off the Hook on Housework
- Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Nicki Minaj Got a Boob Cake for Her Birthday
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
- Obstinate Seal Traps Newlyweds on Remote Island
- Amy Adams Didn’t Do Boob Tape in American Hustle