Milan's runways were dominated by established models, leaving newcomers to scramble for spots. Katlin Aas was the only rookie to find some ground in Milan, opening and closing at Prada. Polish model Anja Rubik opened for Fendi and opened and closed for Gucci. Last season's winner, Natasha Poly, opened for Roberto Cavalli and Blumarine, and closed for Alessandro Dell'Acqua and Dolce & Gabbana. However, it's Lily Donaldson who trumps Poly and Rubik, thanks to her opening and closing slots at Versace, while having the final looks at Alberta Ferretti and D&G. Then there's the fact that Donaldson has been in the industry since 2003, and she's still relevant on the runways. It's a true testament to her longevity. Click ahead to see all of the openers and closers in our slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 12 Fisherman Sweaters for Winter
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb