While colorful makeup electrified the New York runways, beauty was decidedly darker across the pond. Instead of a full rainbow palette, makeup artists in London and Milan used color sparingly and strategically. Makeup was dark or non-existent — black lips, smoky eyes, and severe bronzer. Hairstyles were basic — either down, in braids, gelled back, messy, or with rolled bangs. Then there were the anti-beauty, alien-inspired ladies: yellow eyeliner at Todd Lynn, red eyelids at Prada, and actual zombies at Ann-Sofie Back. But runways didn't miss out on the color wheel entirely. The biggest pop of color landed on the lips, like flamingo pink at Nathan Jenden, tangerine orange at Richard Nicoll, and cherry red at Salvatore Ferragamo. So if you want to take a cue from the Brits and Italians, go ahead. Just make sure to keep your colors in check.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
- Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 16 Days to Go!
- Michelle Obama Got a Farrah Fawcett Hairdo
- Why We Can't Let Men Off the Hook on Housework
- Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Nicki Minaj Got a Boob Cake for Her Birthday
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
- Obstinate Seal Traps Newlyweds on Remote Island
- Amy Adams Didn’t Do Boob Tape in American Hustle
- Joanna Coles Lets Her 36-Year-Old Assistant Blog
- Beyoncé Wears Cow Print, Displays Sense of Humor
- Best Bet: Property Metallic Sack
- Selfie Yearbook 2013: Celebrity Superlatives
- 70 Fancy Gifts to Pine for This Holiday Season