After the color overload in New York, the jolie-laide looks of London, and Milan's disco dolls, we were waiting for the runway beauty in Paris to blow us away. Instead, it hit every beauty status quo: Updos pulled so tight you'd need multiple gel bottles (Nina Ricci and Yves Saint Laurent), dark eyes paired with pale lips for drama (Andrew Gn and Karl Lagerfeld), and precisely penciled lips that drew attention (Emanuel Ungaro and Antonio Berardi). There were, however, the outliers, like the theater-inspired face paint (Dior, Galliano, McQueen, Viktor & Rolf). But Paris also offered up attainable looks, like the smoky eyes at Valentino and Louis Vuitton. To see these and more beauty trends from the Paris runways, click ahead.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
- Susan Sarandon Was High at Most Hollywood Events
- How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- There’s a Six-Hour Line for the Trendiest Selfie
- The Best and Worst of December Fashion Magazines
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 13 Days to Go!
- Meet SAMMA: A Minimal, Pared-Down Jewelry Line
- Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It
- Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies
- See: Flash Mob Ballet at Van Cleef & Arpels
- Adam Levine Brings You Sexiest Health-Care Alive
- How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- The Year in Street Style: Céline Wins!
- Kate Middleton Dares to Wear a Dress Three Times