After the color overload in New York, the jolie-laide looks of London, and Milan's disco dolls, we were waiting for the runway beauty in Paris to blow us away. Instead, it hit every beauty status quo: Updos pulled so tight you'd need multiple gel bottles (Nina Ricci and Yves Saint Laurent), dark eyes paired with pale lips for drama (Andrew Gn and Karl Lagerfeld), and precisely penciled lips that drew attention (Emanuel Ungaro and Antonio Berardi). There were, however, the outliers, like the theater-inspired face paint (Dior, Galliano, McQueen, Viktor & Rolf). But Paris also offered up attainable looks, like the smoky eyes at Valentino and Louis Vuitton. To see these and more beauty trends from the Paris runways, click ahead.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Mickey Boardman
Meet PS Dept, ‘the Genius Bar for Fashion’
Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- Why Are Feminist Critics Hung Up on Playboy?
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Mickey Boardman
- California Revenge Pornographer Gets Five Years
- Dakota Fanning Looked Like a Luxe Chanel Piñata
- Meet PS Dept, ‘the Genius Bar for Fashion’
- Best Bet: Satomi Kawakita Emerald Ring
- Sheryl Sandberg’s Favorite Shampoo Commercial
- Kate Winslet Just Had a Baby Boy
- Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- Taylor Swift Uses Her Phone to Put on Makeup
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 15 Days to Go!
- The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- New York Winter Weddings Issue Is Live!
- Wish List: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Quinn Loafer
- Daniel Radcliffe Has a Greasy New Bob