Yes, we trudged to work in a freakish snowstorm this morning. (And on a Friday, really?) Luckily, spring has officially arrived in the retail world, allowing us to fantasize about the day we swap our Wellies for sandals (and retire the Snuggie for good). Along with the influx of breezy dresses and jumpers in stores, we've been spotting the arrival of a warm-weather essential both anticipated and dreaded: the bathing suit. But despite what's strutting down the runway in São Paulo, the trend this spring isn't squint-and-you'll-miss-it bikinis, for once. Designers like Michael Kors, Diane Von Furstenberg, and Dolce & Gabbana all flaunted retro, pinup-girl-inspired swimwear: high-waisted bikinis, demure one-pieces, and skirted silhouettes. Click ahead to view more modern-day pinup styles in stores.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Glenn O’Brien Is Now a Priest Named Father G.
- Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
- John Boehner Teaching GOP How to Talk to Chicks
- Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
- Cities Ranked by Fake Instagram Happiness
- See Sexy Seventies Glamour From American Hustle
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 20 Days to Go!
- An Homage to the Lovely, Feisty Barbara Stanwyck
- Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Kids Struggle With Platonic Friendship, Too
- Victorian Moms Creepin’ in Photo Portraits
- 16 Pretty Finds in Pantone's Radiant Orchid
- Happy Birthday, Joan Didion!
- Will Nixing ‘Fashion Bloggers’ Fix Fashion Week?
- Date Miley Cyrus by Dressing Exactly Like Her