• American Idol contestant Adam Lambert's hair is incredibly versatile. It goes from Christian Siriano spikes to a retro Elvis slick back to a shaggy Jonas Brothers mop quite smoothly. Props? [Beauty Department/Glamour]
• More people are getting haircuts at beauty schools, like the Aveda Institute or Empire Beauty School, because their prices are cheaper than salon prices. At Aveda, cuts are $20 and facials start at $45. [NYT]
• In other recession beauty news, a recent study shows drugstore sales for cosmetics "increased by nearly 5.5 million over the same period last year." [NYT]
• Peaches Geldof showed up to a Uniqlo event last night wearing white foundation with red blush that made her look like a clown. Isn't that a little, oh, redundant? [Jezebel]
• A new product called UV Sun Sense is a wristband that tells you when to reapply sunscreen. Sounds nifty, but if you wear this, you will have a dorky tan line. [Beauty Blogger/Teen Vogue]
Most Viewed Stories
The Big Secret of Every Dating App: Tech Doesn’t Matter
American Apparel Files for Bankruptcy
‘Truly Ugly Guy With Glasses’ Is Europe’s Most Virile Man
Ellie Kemper Thinks Kimmy Schmidt Would Fit in Well in Greenpoint
Astrology GIFs for the Week of October 5, 2015
Céline’s Woman-Friendly Triumph
Why Do I Jerk Awake Right As I’m Falling Asleep?
Sleater-Kinney on Riot Grrl, Reuniting, and Portlandia
It’s Harder to Be Thin Than It Was in the ’80s
From Our Partners
15 Ways You Know a Girl Studied Abroad in Paris
The Eye Makeup Tip That Will Put Plastic Surgeons Out of Business
How This Woman Lost 30 Pounds After Years of Ignoring Her Weight Gain
Next Week/This Week: Watching the Watchmen
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Beauty FeaturesRight Now the Exercise Pill Is Nothing But a Beautiful Fantasy
It isn't happening anytime soon.This Terrifying Face Mask Is a New Korean Beauty Trend
You'll look like a serial killer, but it gives you extra-soft skin.Phoebe Philo Does Not Believe in Hair Extensions
About the strong beauty look from Sunday’s show.Even Barbie Wants Kim Kardashian’s Makeup Artist
Life in plastic, it's fantastic.This Is How You Should Smell for Fall
Hint: not like a pumpkin.A Lesson in Beauty Grammar at Dior
What "past future perfect" means in terms of hair and makeup.Why Does My Heart Feel Like It’s Exploding?
A girl's guide to chest pain.The World’s Easiest Way to Highlight Your Face
How to strobe like a pro.A Pregnant Supermodel Explains What She Eats
"Don't be afraid of the fat."It’s Harder to Be Thin Than It Was in the ’80s
Hate you, boomers.
A minimum of 12 products.Pat McGrath Wants You Dipped in Gold
The legendary makeup artist launches an exclusive product.Let’s All Get High on Cold-Pressed Juice!
Juice Crawls just killed nightlife.John Legend on His Sitcom Pilot With Chrissy Teigen
"A modern-day romantic comedy."3 Fall Polishes to Express Your Inner Angst
For the #FallGoth inside you.Margiela Did Crazy Beauty, Again
Glam rock meets geisha meets nestlike hair.Dump Someone If You Hate Their Smell
And other revelations from the Hermès perfumers.All You’re Going to Want for Christmas Is Mariah’s M.A.C Collaboration
A Dreamlover of a beauty collection.Do I Make This Quesadilla Look Fat?
A new study suggests that weight bias affects how we perceive food info online.Want Soft Hands? The Olsen Twins Can Help.
Their latest beauty launch is surprisingly effective.