For the fall 2008 and spring 2009 seasons, photographer Mark Leibowitz went backstage at the John Galliano ready-to-wear fashion shows. And rather than pointing his lens solely at the clothes and the models, he shot the chaos that goes on behind the scenes. The result — a beautiful mix of colors, faces, hats, and dresses that captures the essence of a fashion show and all of its beauty and mayhem. "Cramped quarters, poor lighting, and a frantic atmosphere became my invitation to deconstruct the pandemonium, revealing elegance and grace," he tells us. "During the shows I remained still while the variety of colors and layers in these images evolved past the lens in seemingly choreographed procession." The arresting photographs will be on display at a private event later this week. And since the "Backstage at Galliano" exhibition will not be open to the public, you can click ahead to view a portion of it here.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Cannes Day 9: Princess Charlene and Heidi Klum
- The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
- U.N. Pressures Prada to Stop Discrimination
- McCartney’s Asia Tour Culminates With Kate Moss
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat