The gloomy skies bring such cheer to our hearts. No, we're not being maudlin or channeling Moz. The rain means flowers are about to bloom, and who doesn't love that? Of course, florals have already sprouted on spring clothes. But the pretty rose, lavender, and daisy prints have been catching our eye from the opposite end of the store — the men's side — blossoming amid hipster plaids and skinny jeans. Sure, florals popped up on the spring runways, winding up on tuxedo jackets at Dolce & Gabbana, splashed across trousers at Michael Kors, and paired with paisley and stripes at Etro. But we were surprised that the traditionally femme prints have become so mainstream: Everyone from Paul Smith to Tommy Hilfiger is carrying man flowers. Click ahead to check out a smattering of studly floral looks in stores now. Stylish, or swishy?
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel