We prefer to ignore Miley Cyrus, but it's only increasingly apparent that the brand she's founded on bubble-gum smacking, singing badly, fake highlights and never saying an intelligible thing to the media, is corrupting female youth culture as we know it. And we're concerned. Because we don't have kids now but we might go to Laos to adopt one some day (we hear their court system is less rigid than Malawi's) and we want to bring her back in good conscience. Last night at the premiere of Hannah Montana: The Movie in L.A, the young actresses dressed and behaved in ways that were so inappropriate we wondered if they were not actual people, but artificial beings harvested from $4 lipstick, glitter glue, and genetic material in Billy Cyrus's secret cellar. If you're feeling brave, see the horror in the slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 12 Fisherman Sweaters for Winter
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb