Louis Vuitton's press office has confirmed rumors that Madonna will star in the fall 2009 campaign shot by Steven Meisel. It remains unknown if Jesus Luz will appear with her. But a careful statistical analysis of Madonna, Louis Vuitton, and the Louis Vuitton customer indicates that the probability of his doing so is high. Here's why:
1. Madonna just did a Louis Vuitton campaign solo. One rule of being Madonna is thou shalt never do the same thing twice.
2. Like Madonna, Louis Vuitton designer Marc Jacobs thrives on shock value. He's already given us Madonna, legs akimbo. The man knows that posing her provocatively with Luz will titillate the media to unseen levels.
3. Louis Vuitton can't lose money. It's a rule of being Louis Vuitton. With the threat of the economy, and now swine flu, the executives need to maximize media exposure by keeping things fresh with a hot, new (preferably shirtless) male face.
4. Marc evidently appreciates hot Brazilian men, since he is engaged to one. Then again, who doesn't? Which could be another bullet point in itself on this list.
5. The ad will send the message that 50-year-old ladies can bag, pun intended, hot twentysomething men. And isn't that what the Louis Vuitton customer is ultimately striving for?
Most Viewed Stories
American Apparel Files for Bankruptcy
The Big Secret of Every Dating App: Tech Doesn’t Matter
‘Truly Ugly Guy With Glasses’ Is Europe’s Most Virile Man
Ellie Kemper Thinks Kimmy Schmidt Would Fit in Well in Greenpoint
Céline’s Woman-Friendly Triumph
It’s Harder to Be Thin Than It Was in the ’80s
Guess What? Americans Love Planned Parenthood
Why Do I Jerk Awake Right As I’m Falling Asleep?
Witness a Photographer’s Affair With Los Angeles
Sigourney Weaver on Talking to Ronald Reagan About Abortion Rights
From Our Partners
Michelle Obama Dropped Some Wisdom Every Young Girl Should Hear
The Truth About How (& Where) Hair Extensions Are Made
SELF: The One Thing Pedicurists Want You To Know
Gentrification at the Goodwill: Not Even New York’s Thrift Stores Are For the Poor
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Fashion FeaturesCoddington, Kawakubo Star in Interview Portfolio
They were photographed for a sweeping 60-page section by Fabien Baron.American Apparel Files for Bankruptcy
Current shareholders, including Dov Charney, will no longer control the company.The Retired Modeling Agent Who Loves Empire
“I started my own agency — we represented Twiggy — but went off to be assistant to the actor Yul Brynner, who was dating my roommate at the time.”Bright Coats for Cold Days
New York women in winter's least-boring outerwear, from bright-green alpaca fur to leopard-print mohair.Céline’s Woman-Friendly Triumph
Phoebe Philo remains in touch with what women want to wear.Watch the Akris Livestream
Enjoy!From Up Close, Raf Simons’s Vision for Dior Is Clear
And don't count John Galliano out at Margiela yet.5 Things I Want to Wear From Paris: Part 2
Cropped sweaters, a spangled skirt, and more.Jaden Smith and Kesha Partied This Week
Along with Cindy Crawford, Anjelica Huston, Rita Ora, and Lena Dunham.Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid Partied in Balmain
Plus: more highlights from Paris Fashion Week's parties, including Jared Leto.
Featuring wooden platforms, velvet robes, and floor-length ponchos.Who Won Best-Dressed at Milan Fashion Week?
Another city, another people's choice Peacock.See Our Exclusive Portfolio From Paris Fashion Week
Photographer Tomasz Lazar's latest dispatch from Fashion Month.Style Smackdown: Olivia Pope vs. Cookie Lyon
Judging the best looks from this week's episodes.Never Mind the Feminist Sound-Bites, Rick Owens Just Showed His Best Clothes Yet
Gymnast models symbolizing "women supporting women" wore mature yet spontaneous looks.Grace Jones Is Having the Wildest Book Tour Ever [NSFW]
She flashed crowds at her signing in New York.Tom Ford and Lady Gaga Turn the Runway Into a Disco
The designer is showing his newest collection in a video.All About Dior’s Spring 2016 Show
Rihanna, lavender walls, and pointy flats.Cecilia Dean on Her Latest Immersive Fashion Project
A downtown art event with DVF and Proenza Schouler.Dior Built a Huge Flower Wall for Its Show
Just breathe that in.