The Marc by Marc Jacobs store on Bleecker has a bright, new window display. The eye-catching artwork is the result of a collaboration with the Creative Growth Art Center, a program that works with disabled adult artists. For this project, the artists each designed an item for the Jacobs by Marc Jacobs line, and the images were printed on totes, wallets, and T-shirts ($19–35). They also created pieces to display in the window, and the store is the first of several across the country and abroad that will host the art. The windows and merchandise will be hitting stores over the next couple of weeks, will be up indefinitely, and all the proceeds from them will go to the Creative Growth Art Center. Fashion doing good — warms your heart, no?
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies
Kate Middleton Dares to Wear a Dress Three Times
The Best of Pre-Fall 2014, Continued
- Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies
- See: Flash Mob Ballet at Van Cleef & Arpels
- Adam Levine Brings You Sexiest Health-Care Alive
- How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- The Year in Street Style: Céline Wins!
- Kate Middleton Dares to Wear a Dress Three Times
- Tell Me Everything You Know About Wool
- FDA Rejects Female Viagra
- Oprah Says Her Kids Would Probably Hate Her
- The Best of Pre-Fall 2014, Continued
- Best Bet: Rebecca Minkoff Coin Pouch
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Joe Zee
- Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- Rooney Mara, the Goth Ice Queen
- Male Gaze: Feast Your Eyes on Frank Sinatra