Admit it — the swine flu is completely freaking you out. You lie in bed at night with visions of Outbreak playing in your head. You fear the day you'll have to wear a space suit out-of-doors to protect yourself from the disease of the pigs that is sweeping the globe. Okay, okay, we'll stop. Remember, health officials say the flu is no cause for alarm. Just concern. Well, we noticed a few folks in this city who were so concerned they strapped masks over their faces for their morning commute. The generic kind you might see a doctor wear. But you extra-cautious folk need not be unfashionable in your attempts to shield yourselves from pig flu. The Japanese do some amazing things with face masks. And labels like John Galliano and Junya Watanabe have shown coverings for the face on the runway. We compiled a selection of fashionable (and fun!) ways to guard against swine flu in the slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve