Admit it — the swine flu is completely freaking you out. You lie in bed at night with visions of Outbreak playing in your head. You fear the day you'll have to wear a space suit out-of-doors to protect yourself from the disease of the pigs that is sweeping the globe. Okay, okay, we'll stop. Remember, health officials say the flu is no cause for alarm. Just concern. Well, we noticed a few folks in this city who were so concerned they strapped masks over their faces for their morning commute. The generic kind you might see a doctor wear. But you extra-cautious folk need not be unfashionable in your attempts to shield yourselves from pig flu. The Japanese do some amazing things with face masks. And labels like John Galliano and Junya Watanabe have shown coverings for the face on the runway. We compiled a selection of fashionable (and fun!) ways to guard against swine flu in the slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Shailene Woodley’s Beauty Mantra: ‘You Do You’
A First Glimpse of Beyoncé and Jay’s Vegan Life
Party Pics: The First Wave From Art Basel Miami
- Watch Lily McMenamy Do Crazy-Ass Yoga in Céline
- Katy Perry Says Volunteer for the Insta-Pix
- Shailene Woodley’s Beauty Mantra: ‘You Do You’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 21 Days to Go!
- A First Glimpse of Beyoncé and Jay’s Vegan Life
- Party Pics: The First Wave From Art Basel Miami
- Gumbel Makes Barneys Race Joke to Barneys CEO
- Tyra Banks Is 40!
- Kanye and Kim Might Get Married at Versailles
- Liv Tyler Reminds Us to Say Please and Thank You
- Used Princess Di Clothes Sell for $140,000
- ‘Kamikaze Sperm’: Fighting Off Rivals?
- The Long, Strange Journey of Nell Scovell
- Maryland Bank Robber Chose Pink Monochrome
- Beauty GIF: How to Create a Holiday Glitter-Eye