Ours isn't the only country where the winners of beauty pageants don't get as much press as the losing contestants. Stephanie Naumoska competed in the Australian leg of the Miss Universe pageant recently and lost, but people are still upset that she was allowed to compete, since she looks unhealthily skinny. The 19-year-old is five foot eleven and weighs 105 pounds. Pageant officials say she simply has a "Macedonian body type" and doesn't have an eating disorder, but experts say there is no such thing as a "Macedonian body type." Health officials in Australia are criticizing the pageant for allowing her to compete, because of the unhealthy image it portrays to young women. [Daily Mail]
Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Glenn O’Brien Is Now a Priest Named Father G.
- Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
- John Boehner Teaching GOP How to Talk to Chicks
- Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
- Cities Ranked by Fake Instagram Happiness
- See Sexy Seventies Glamour From American Hustle
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 20 Days to Go!
- An Homage to the Lovely, Feisty Barbara Stanwyck
- Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Kids Struggle With Platonic Friendship, Too
- Victorian Moms Creepin’ in Photo Portraits
- 16 Pretty Finds in Pantone's Radiant Orchid
- Happy Birthday, Joan Didion!
- Will Nixing ‘Fashion Bloggers’ Fix Fashion Week?
- Date Miley Cyrus by Dressing Exactly Like Her