• Miss Virginia, Tara Wheeler, promised to shave her head if she raised $500,000 for a children's cancer charity by next week. Donations have only amounted to five figures, but she promises to shave her head anyway at the end of her reign this summer. "Society needs to take a second look at how we deem someone pretty," she said. [Reliable Source/WP]
• At the Country Music Awards last night, many stars opted for low, loose curls. Nicole Kidman and Miley Cyrus finally had something in common! [Beauty Department/Glamour]
• A new book states that oakmoss, a material used to make perfume, will be banned by the International Fragrance Association (IFRA) on January 1, 2010. Any fragrances containing oakmoss will be illegal in the E.U. after that date. [Now Smell This]
• A pair of vintage shoes seen in the book The Seductive Shoe feature a little holster for lipstick. If only they were more attractive. [BellaSugar]
• Instead of throwing out old makeup packaging, take it to Origins and they'll recycle it for you. Or just recycle it yourself. [Stylewatch/People]
Most Viewed Stories
Report: Donald and Melania Trump Don’t Sleep in the Same Bed
Former Thinx Employee Accuses Miki Agrawal of Sexual Harassment
Cate Blanchett on the Judgment of Women, Face Mists, and How She’s Moisturized for Over a Decade
Whitney Museum Says Letter Claiming to Be From Open Casket Artist Is a Fake
GOP Senator Apologizes After Mocking Breast-Cancer Screening Coverage
Am I Finally Done With White Guys?
Why Millennial Pink Refuses to Go Away
The President of the United States Had a Big Day of Playing With Trucks
Ask Polly: Why Does My Terrible Ex Get to Be So Happy?
Teen Who Claimed She Was Abducted and Raped by 3 Black Men Made It All Up
The Cut’s Latest Beauty FeaturesAmy Schumer’s Boyfriend Ben Hanisch Has a Trick for Shooing Away Unwanted Photographers
Hint: Turn the spotlight.Tamron Hall Doesn’t Believe In Jobs Defining Who People Are
The former NBC host reflected on her old gig.Gloria Steinem, Janelle Monae, and Cecile Richards Will Be Honored at Fashion’s Biggest Awards Show
Diane von Furstenberg spoke to the Cut about the thinking behind the decision.Kate Middleton Opens Up About Her Struggles With Motherhood
“Nothing can really prepare you for the sheer, overwhelming experience of what it means to become a mother.”Meet a Gallerist Who’s Bringing New Art to Bed-Stuy
We Buy Gold is a new roving art space.52 Percent of Men Say They Haven’t Personally Benefited From Women Having Access to Birth Control
How do they think this works?The President of the United States Had a Big Day of Playing With Trucks
Donald Trump, 70, wears an “I Heart Trucks” pin.7 Very Effective Mascaras for Under $15
They lengthen, lift, and thicken lashes for just a few dollars.Why We Still Don’t Have Paid Parental Leave
Americans disagree about how to make it happen.I’ve Used the Same Tube of Chanel Lipstick for Years
It was the best $37 I ever spent.
All the actor’s best looks since red carpets with mom Melanie Griffith.GOP Senator Apologizes After Mocking Breast-Cancer Screening Coverage
“I sure don’t want my mammogram benefits taken away.”Am I Cheap If I Hate Splitting the Check Equally?
How to tell if you’ve crossed over from shrewd to scrooge-y.You’ll Soon Be Able to Book Appointments at Your Favorite Salons Through Instagram
No more waiting on the phone.Dystopia Comes at You Fast in the The Handmaid’s Tale Trailer
The series premieres on Hulu April 26.Couture Designers Made the Costumes for This New Ballet
Alaïa, Gaultier, and others created the looks for Blanca Li’s latest production.More Than Half of British Woman Stop Breastfeeding Within Two Months, New Data Shows
A new survey highlights breastfeeding challenges in England.How a Mother-Son Artist Team Turned a Relative’s Immaculate Closet Into a Museum Installation
Sara Berman’s Closet, created by Alex and Maira Kalman, is on view at the Met now.22 Women on What Breastfeeding Actually Feels Like
From how nursing is like peeing, to what being bitten feels like, to sexual side effects.Jessica Henwick Is the Heroine We Deserve
From Star Wars to Game of Thrones, and now, a new Marvel series.