Last week, rumors swirled that ex–Nina Ricci designer Olivier Theyskens was being considered to head design at Halston — in America, where we would love to have him but know in our heart of hearts that he doesn't belong. But Diane Pernet reports on her blog A Shaded View on Fashion that Theyskens will revive the house of Schiaparelli, a dormant label owned by Diego Della Valle. You only need to glance at the Schiaparelli website to see that it would probably be a better fit for Theyskens. Schiaparelli is slated for revival for 2010 at the earliest. WWD reported last month that Della Valle denied he's searching for a designer. But rumors about Theyskens going to Schiaparelli came up in March when he left Ricci. Rumors of Theyskens reviving his namesake line have died down. We'd love to see him revive Schiaparelli, but we'd also love to see what he'd do all his own.
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament