The fall runways were so inundated with thigh-high boots that we became thoroughly convinced pants are losing popularity. (Well, it's a possibility.) And, as it turns out, people aren't even waiting until fall to bust out their replacements for leggings and slacks. Lauren Santo Domingo wore her custom black leather pair to the party for Brian Atwood's Role Play Rene book launch on March 19, while Stella McCartney rocked a textured variation from her fall collection to the Forces for Nature benefit on March 30. Then last week, Heidi Klum was snapped rolling around the streets of Los Angeles in the Alexander McQueen thigh-highs for a German Vogue photo shoot. We're starting to love the logic here — stop wasting time with leggings and shoes and just combine them instead. It's a form of saving, if you will. And people need to cut corners wherever they can.
Best of the Week’s Style Blogs: Winter Sneakers
Best Bet: Guerlain Crazy Paris Meteorite Pearls
Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
- Viagra Might Be the New Midol
- 30 Fancy Box Clutches for Holiday Parties
- Best of the Week’s Style Blogs: Winter Sneakers
- Marion Cotillard’s Non-Dior Moment
- Best Bet: Guerlain Crazy Paris Meteorite Pearls
- Glenn O’Brien Is Now a Priest Named Father G.
- Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
- John Boehner Teaching GOP How to Talk to Chicks
- Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
- Cities Ranked by Fake Instagram Happiness
- See Sexy Seventies Glamour From American Hustle
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 20 Days to Go!
- An Homage to the Lovely, Feisty Barbara Stanwyck
- Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Kids Struggle With Platonic Friendship, Too