What does ex–Nina Ricci designer Olivier Theyskens have in common with about 9 percent of Americans? He needs a job! However, the most significant difference between his so-called unemployed life and the so-called unemployed lives of normal people is his headhunter, the one and only Nuclear-Bob Devil Wintour in Prada, Anna Wintour. The editor-in-chief of Vogue was distraught when Puig Fashion Group, which owns Ricci, forced Theyskens out of his contract five months early to pursue a more commercial aesthetic (snooze). WWD is reporting that A-Dubs is keen to see Theyskens settle in New York, namely at Halston. Hint magazine previously reported that Theyskens was being considered for Halston, with no mention of Wintour working behind the scenes. Perhaps she's dreaming of how epic New York Fashion Week would be with Theyskens showing here (swoon). Perhaps she thinks Halston is in dire need of design talent. Perhaps she simply desires a new, ultrafabulous foreign brunch-mate. Who knows? But Halston has lacked a head designer for almost a year now. Rumor has it Narciso Rodriguez and Marios Schwab were being considered for the position. Halston is still undecided about who to hire. But when Anna Wintour hands you Olivier Theyskens on a white-gold platter with all the trimmings and an invaluably healthy side of buzz, how do you say "no"?
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 12 Fisherman Sweaters for Winter
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb