Here's what you missed at Chanel's 2010 cruise show in Venice yesterday:
1. The show took place on Lido beach, leaving many editors fighting a battle between high heels and sand.
2. Front row guests had to sit on wooden deck chairs.
3. The show started two hours late because Karl Lagerfeld insisted on starting at sunset. Hopefully front row-ers brought those foam butt pads common in football stadiums. Fat-less asses may look great in clothes but sitting on them is another story.
4. Karl wore a blue jacket to match the sea!
5. Models wore Marchesa Casati–inspired wigs and makeup.
6. No heels got stuck in the boardwalk runway. All models remained standing.
7. Speaking of models, the cast included Lara Stone, Tatjana Patitz, and Heidi Mount.
8. Guests went home with a Chanel beach towel. And also possibly mosquito bites.
Check out the action in the slideshow.
Most Viewed Stories
It’s Harder to Be Thin Than It Was in the ’80s
Why Do I Jerk Awake Right As I’m Falling Asleep?
From Up Close, Raf Simons’s Vision for Dior Is Clear
Michelle Obama: No Boy Is Cute Enough to Keep You From Getting an Education
A Pregnant Supermodel Explains What She Eats
The World’s Easiest Way to Highlight Your Face
Meet the Prom Queen of Instagram
Selfie Sorority Uses Media Frenzy for Good Cause
‘Truly Ugly Guy With Glasses’ Is Europe’s Most Virile Man
Stop Time-Traveling to Such Lame Eras, Losers
From Our Partners
The Day I Told The Ugly Truth About My Marriage
Who What Wear
The Zara Outfit Every Girl In New York City Is Wearing
Next Week/This Week: Watching the Watchmen
How Demi Lovato Embraced This Body “Problem” We All Have
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Fashion FeaturesFrom Up Close, Raf Simons’s Vision for Dior Is Clear
And don't count John Galliano out at Margiela yet.5 Things I Want to Wear From Paris: Part 2
Cropped sweaters, a spangled skirt, and more.Jaden Smith and Kesha Partied This Week
Along with Cindy Crawford, Anjelica Huston, Rita Ora, and Lena Dunham.Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid Partied in Balmain
Plus: more highlights from Paris Fashion Week's parties, including Jared Leto.See All the Street Style From Paris Fashion Week
Featuring wooden platforms, velvet robes, and floor-length ponchos.Who Won Best-Dressed at Milan Fashion Week?
Another city, another people's choice Peacock.See Our Exclusive Portfolio From Paris Fashion Week
Photographer Tomasz Lazar's latest dispatch from Fashion Month.Style Smackdown: Olivia Pope vs. Cookie Lyon
Judging the best looks from this week's episodes.Never Mind the Feminist Sound-Bites, Rick Owens Just Showed His Best Clothes Yet
Gymnast models symbolizing "women supporting women" wore mature yet spontaneous looks.Grace Jones Is Having the Wildest Book Tour Ever [NSFW]
She flashed crowds at her signing in New York.
The designer is showing his newest collection in a video.All About Dior’s Spring 2016 Show
Rihanna, lavender walls, and pointy flats.Cecilia Dean on Her Latest Immersive Fashion Project
A downtown art event with DVF and Proenza Schouler.Dior Built a Huge Flower Wall for Its Show
Just breathe that in.The Selfie-Stick Fashion Generation
Today’s young designers focus too often on their feelings.Rick Owens Dressed Models in ... Other Models
Harnesses were involved.And Now, Celebrity Wax Figures Dressed in Lederhosen
And other Austrian garb. It's Oktober!Nicki Minaj Has the Most-Liked Photos From MFW
And other tidbits from Instagram.Bella Hadid Wants to Compete in the 2016 Olympics
The model is also an accomplished horsewoman.4 Things I Want to Wear From Paris: Part 1
From embellished pastel coats to the perfect pair of high-waisted jeans.