CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund finalists Alexander Wang, Vena Cava, and Albertus Swanepoel designed khaki pieces for this year's installment of Gap's Design Editions series. The word "khakis" often conjures images of bad summer camp shorts and Disney World tourists. But no longer are khakis to men what mom jeans are to women. Gap's new khaki pieces are actually pretty cute. They won't be enough to save the entire company from itself, but they're a solid start. Alexander Wang did a motorcycle jacket, Vena Cava did dresses, and Albertus did hats. Check them out in the slideshow. What do you think?
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve