Canadian Addison Gill shot into the spotlight last November when V magazine crowned her its model-search winner. As part of her prize, the 16-year-old signed with Supreme Management. Gill's following in the footsteps of Amanda Laine, who catapulted to rising-star status after winning V's model search the year before and immediately went on to open Alexander McQueen and Miu Miu. But the rookie delivered. Already she's known for her eyes, and fan-site postings describe her look as a mix between Lily Donaldson and Coco Rocha. She made her runway debut in New York on the fall 2009 Calvin Klein runway as an exclusive, an accomplishment and a sought-after spot for any new model. Gill then went on to finish an explosive first season: She walked for Gianfranco Ferré, Giambattista Valli, Pringle of Scotland, Louis Vuitton, and Valentino in Milan and Paris. She also recently shot a campaign for Marlowe knitwear, an eight-page spread for Flare shot by Chris Nicolls, a V spread shot by Paul Rowland, and the cover of FQ magazine. Not a bad résumé for just six months after her win.
The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
- U.N. Pressures Prada to Stop Discrimination
- McCartney’s Asia Tour Culminates With Kate Moss
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat
- Roitfeld Cast Herself in Seyfried’s Givenchy Ads