Canadian Addison Gill shot into the spotlight last November when V magazine crowned her its model-search winner. As part of her prize, the 16-year-old signed with Supreme Management. Gill's following in the footsteps of Amanda Laine, who catapulted to rising-star status after winning V's model search the year before and immediately went on to open Alexander McQueen and Miu Miu. But the rookie delivered. Already she's known for her eyes, and fan-site postings describe her look as a mix between Lily Donaldson and Coco Rocha. She made her runway debut in New York on the fall 2009 Calvin Klein runway as an exclusive, an accomplishment and a sought-after spot for any new model. Gill then went on to finish an explosive first season: She walked for Gianfranco Ferré, Giambattista Valli, Pringle of Scotland, Louis Vuitton, and Valentino in Milan and Paris. She also recently shot a campaign for Marlowe knitwear, an eight-page spread for Flare shot by Chris Nicolls, a V spread shot by Paul Rowland, and the cover of FQ magazine. Not a bad résumé for just six months after her win.
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel
- Newly Vegan Beyoncé Covers Her Body in Pizza
- Matthew Williamson and Gwyneth Are Secret BFFs
- Why Should Fluid Sexuality Be Women-Only?