Anna de Rijk is the comeback girl of the fall 2009 shows. The 21-year-old Dutch native got her start three years ago when she won a modeling contest on a Dutch television station, and went on to sign with DNA and Women agencies. The five-foot-nine beauty booked a few big gigs right away: a German Glamour editorial, the covers of and Dutch Elle and Dutch Elle Accessories, and the spring Adidas campaign shot by Mario Testino, all in 2006. She even made her first catwalk debut on the Vivienne Westwood runway in October 2007, and also walked for Veronique Branquinho that same season. But she flew under the radar after this first burst of success. That is until the fall 2009 season, when she resurfaced, walking for over twenty shows in London, Milan, and Paris, scoring coveted spots in Louis Vuitton, Lanvin, Missoni, Christopher Kane, and Marni, just to name a few. Yohji Yamamoto also selected her to open his show in Paris, while Miuccia Prada lined her up as the second girl at Prada, cementing her ascent as one of the top picks in the casting world. Of course, with no new campaigns or editorials rumored in the making, we can only wonder what this next season will dictate for her future.
The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Mickey Boardman
Meet PS Dept, ‘the Genius Bar for Fashion’
Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- Why Are Feminist Critics Hung Up on Playboy?
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Mickey Boardman
- California Revenge Pornographer Gets Five Years
- Dakota Fanning Looked Like a Luxe Chanel Piñata
- Meet PS Dept, ‘the Genius Bar for Fashion’
- Best Bet: Satomi Kawakita Emerald Ring
- Sheryl Sandberg’s Favorite Shampoo Commercial
- Kate Winslet Just Had a Baby Boy
- Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- Taylor Swift Uses Her Phone to Put on Makeup
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 15 Days to Go!
- The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- New York Winter Weddings Issue Is Live!
- Wish List: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Quinn Loafer
- Daniel Radcliffe Has a Greasy New Bob